IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #11 10/29/09 2:20 PM
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy:
Chuck, to some 69 is a very good number.

I've always looked at it this way: If I cheer for someone they will have bad luck. That's why I tell everyone I know and am friends with I am not cheering for them during the race.
Didn't Rich Vogler and Robbie Stanley drive a 69 car on their passing night?
ccgraphix (Offline)
  #12 10/29/09 2:42 PM
Another superstition is racing with a For Sale sign on the car.
cmakin (Offline)
  #13 10/29/09 2:51 PM
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE:
Some people believe that cameras steal your soul as well.

Shhhh. I have quite a collection, you know. . . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
fasterthanu (Offline)
  #14 10/29/09 4:33 PM
Always heard that wearing a helmet that you did not bring to the track your self, and towing a car to the track backward were both bad luck, but have no idea of the origins.
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #15 10/29/09 4:57 PM
Earlier this past season, my wife made the big mistake in the green superstition. She had pit armbands green for the night, not knowing about the green superstition, some drivers were very upset, some would'nt wear them, some wore them white side out. Needless to say she learned her lesson that night.
Dave
VaDirt (Offline)
  #16 10/29/09 5:59 PM
I've got a deep seeded superstition with green. One of the very first races I went to, I had green shoes on (hey,it was 1975), and wouldn't ya know it, my neighbor, who took me to the races, flipped. To this day, I attribute that flip to those green shoes.
ronmil (Offline)
  #17 10/30/09 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Dyno Don:
Didn't Rich Vogler and Robbie Stanley drive a 69 car on their passing night?
Don,

The Hoffman car was carrying #1 when Rich Vogler died. I just checked my copy of "No Time for Yesterday" to be sure.

Ron Miller
darnall (Offline)
  #18 10/30/09 12:45 AM
I have 1 superstition that I take heed to religiously...

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS nip off the excess of a plastic zip tie after you install it....never ever put a car on a track with a complete zip tie somewhere.

Picked that up from a team I was helping 10 years ago..I always had trimmed my own zip ties in the past but after witnessing how anal and serious they were about it I am now a bit O.C.D. about zip ties.
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #19 10/30/09 7:26 AM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Don,

The Hoffman car was carrying #1 when Rich Vogler died. I just checked my copy of "No Time for Yesterday" to be sure.
Thanks for the info.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #20 10/30/09 7:45 AM
Long pants only at the race track. I have been involved in numerous fires, shorts would have been a disaster.