IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Must see racing supermodified series
3/9/12, 10:10 PM   #1
Must see racing supermodified series
Pavement Dave

MUST SEE RACING SUPERMODIFIED SERIES

March 9, 2012

Must See Racing Super Modified Series managers Randy and
Rhonda Burch discussed the overwhelming positive
response from race teams and race fans that has followed
the announcement of the new MUST SEE RACING
SUPER MODIFIED SERIES.

“Our first meeting with the super modified drivers and
owners, held on Saturday March, 3 in Cleveland, was a great success. Must See President Jim Hanks gave a 45 minute presentation to the 90 plus attendees covering racing, the business of racing, the Must
See Racing value to the race teams and an exact description of what, who and how the new series will operate and conduct racing events” said Randy Burch. “We also had a question and answer session that was followed by a press conference that included MSR television color commentator and Hall of Famer Tom Bigelow, American Racer representative Wayne Bishop, MSRXSS car owner Jim McCune, and super modified drivers Gene Lee Gibson and Jim Shirey.” continued Burch.

Jim Hanks, president and founder of Must See Racing commented, “To say I was pleased with the turn out, enthusiasm, welcome and positive response from the race teams would be an understatement. I had the opportunity to discuss our approach concerning safety, level competitive playing field and major cost reduction for the race teams, including the very positive aspects of using the American Racer tire. The meeting was objective, factual and the teams had some well thought out and important questions that we addressed and answered. Overall it was a terrific meeting.” said Hanks. “Having Don Wilshe of BioBasedUS. , car owner Jim McCune,Tom Bigelow plus Gene Lee Gibson and Jim Shirey share their experience racing at Winchester Speedway was very beneficial to everyone at the meeting” said Hanks.

Over twenty race teams, including drivers Gene Lee Gibson, Kody Swanson, Rich Reid, Tanner Swanson, Aaron Pierce, Jim Shirey, Jason Blonde, and Indy car star Davey Hamilton have officially joined the new Must See Racing Super Modified Series.

The series first event will bring the supers back to Winchester Speedway after a twenty two year hiatus joining the MUST SEE RACING XTREME SPRINTS, FULL THROTTLE MODIFIEDS and front wheel drive division in the BIOBASED.US sponsored XTREME SPEED CHALLENGE Sunday May 20th.

The MUST SEE RACING SUPER MODIFIED SERIES information, schedule, drivers, teams and television programming information will be on the mustseeracing.com website in mid March.

3/10/12, 2:45 PM   #2
Re: Must see racing supermodified series
RacinBabe

Really looking forward to seeing the supers close to home!!!!

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
3/11/12, 12:28 PM   #3
donwilshe

Its been like 22 years since the Supers were at Winchester.
Looking forward to a great triple header. 410 winged sprints,
468 BBC Super Modifieds and Full Throttle Open Wheel Modifieds.

Suellen

1 member likes this post: speed bump
3/11/12, 2:10 PM   #4
treecitytornado

Hope they come back to IRP and maybe Salem too! I don't believe Salem has ever had them before, but the show at IRP in the Mid 90s was awesome!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: speed bump
3/11/12, 5:57 PM   #5
TQ29m

When they ran at IRP, it was a demo show, just to see what they could do, I think they were like 3 seconds faster then the Kroger Sprints, and they had wings, when I used to watch them at Salem, I don't believe they ran wings, but it was still awesome on that wigglie a*$ track, the infield shook like they were having an earth quake all the time. Bob

1 member likes this post: short track scott
3/11/12, 7:58 PM   #6
treecitytornado

Yes, I think you are right Bob. If memory serves, fast time at IRP, was around 17.3 or 17.4.

Posted via Mobile Device

3/12/12, 5:00 PM   #7
Piedmont Push Trucks

Must See will be running with wings.

Salem has run many supermod shows back in the day, as has Winchester, but never before with wings.

The IRP show in 1995 was a full show, not exhibition. It was the first "official" East/West Shootout.

1 member likes this post: randy j
3/12/12, 5:07 PM   #8
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmont Push Trucks View Post
Must See will be running with wings.

Salem has run many supermod shows back in the day, as has Winchester, but never before with wings.

The IRP show in 1995 was a full show, not exhibition. It was the first "official" East/West Shootout.
The IRP show back in 1995 was indeed a full show pitting the East vs West supermodified stars. I would love to see this happen again but doubt that it will. A number of rule differences to overcome and a lot of the racers out East want at least a two day show to make it worth while. Hoping for a Winchester, Salem and IRP show for sure.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/12/12, 9:14 PM   #9
ASPHALT24

I think it is fantastic news the supers are coming to Winchester. The track has a huge open-wheel heritage which includes supermodifieds. The Winchester schedule the last few years has been predominantly stock cars, so running Supers on the high banks will have immediate fan appeal. Some people say cars won't show up. I think the car count may surprise some folks. You may also get some non-member drivers to come out and give Winchester a shot with the wing on. (Bentley Warren may show up, Gary Morton out of Canada loves Winchester). I hope the show is a success & they can keep coming back. Good luck to the new series & it's promoters.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Must see racing supermodified series