IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Midget Races at Banker's Life (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=87960)

v8j 10/7/15 12:27 PM

It will never happen at Lucas Oil Stadium during the PRI show. If it happens it will be after the first of the year. But I think the race at Bankers Life will be a good/fun event.

micro94 10/7/15 1:16 PM

The Pacers don't practice on that floor anyway so that gives them till Monday's game time atleast. Wishful thinking maybe? Extra day anyway

Gapinski 10/7/15 2:12 PM

Re: Midget Races at Banker's Life

Here's 26-40 in the National Midget Driver of the year Points as today:
26. Keith Rauch; 27. Trevor Kobylarz; 28. Michael Faccinto; 29. Ryan Robinson; 30. Nick Chivello; 31. Brian Gard; 32. Jake Neuman; 33. Ty Hulsey; 34. Tony Rossi; 35. Chase Stockon; 36. Michelle Decker; 37. Cody Brewer; 38. Bruce Buckwalter; 39. Alex Bright; 40. Brenden Bright.
you can view the top 25 plus car owner points and results from all 148 events this year at www.nmdoty.com.

Melmo 10/7/15 3:11 PM

Don you forgot about Starla Parsons usac .25 driver moving up

DonMoore10 10/7/15 4:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gapinski (Post 428548)
Here's 26-40 in the National Midget Driver of the year Points as today:
26. Keith Rauch; 27. Trevor Kobylarz; 28. Michael Faccinto; 29. Ryan Robinson; 30. Nick Chivello; 31. Brian Gard; 32. Jake Neuman; 33. Ty Hulsey; 34. Tony Rossi; 35. Chase Stockon; 36. Michelle Decker; 37. Cody Brewer; 38. Bruce Buckwalter; 39. Alex Bright; 40. Brenden Bright.
you can view the top 25 plus car owner points and results from all 148 events this year at www.nmdoty.com.

Hey thanks!! There we have it. The top 40 MIDGET drivers!!! Great! Promoter won't have to send out any invites. Just use the list........ May have to lay off secretaries in his office....

767 10/7/15 4:22 PM

You will not see this at Lucas Oil. Couple of reasons #1 Colts, turf on floor is permenate. They will not book anything big until after the playoffs. #2 Monster jam. You may say what does that have to do with anything, its a little non compete clause that they have in there contract. Can not have any motor sports events at the facility 2 or 3 months prior to or following the event. The chances of this happening at Lucas oil from Nov. to March are very very slim. To be honest, I'm really surprised Bankers life opened up. They have a chance to have a decent size track as 1 entire end opens up bigger than a hockey rink. Not sure where they could pit everything, but I will be there to see what they can do. I just hope everyone else that says they are coming, show up. Without a good crowd, this will be one and done. Time restrictions equal $$$$

LEADERS EDGE 10/7/15 4:24 PM

So Don....which one of the Top 40 are you putting in your car?

DonMoore10 10/7/15 5:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE (Post 428559)
So Don....which one of the Top 40 are you putting in your car?

I just hired a secretary to take care of the requests...... In the meantime I'm checking to see if A. J. Foyt is available.

Charles Nungester 10/7/15 5:16 PM

Man, Why the bad blood?
Looks like Ghertke was 24th sure didn't do that on his own

bmemmer 10/7/15 5:25 PM

You guys crack me up. You guys complain that you want more races. You guys complain about a race that is going to happen. You guys complain about a great race that has happened but you got dirty, so it was the worst time ever. You guys wonder why promoters won't put on bigger races or races in general. Hell they get torn down before they even have a chance to happen. How bout this. We all enjoy life and for what it's worth. The friendships you make at the race track, just being able to go to the race track. I have a friend who has two kids. One is a 14 year old daughter who is battling cancer for her 3rd time and his 4 year old was just told he has cancer too. How bout we just all enjoy life and get off the back's of all the promoters in the country and enjoy the sport we love.

DonMoore10 10/7/15 5:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 428562)
Man, Why the bad blood?
Looks like Ghertke was 24th sure didn't do that on his own

If there's anybody who deserves to be in this it's Chett. First class all the way.

LEADERS EDGE 10/7/15 5:49 PM

Chett is a great driver....could easily win it.

Avon Open Wheel fan 10/7/15 6:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMoore10 (Post 428566)
If there's anybody who deserves to be in this it's Chett. First class all the way.

I totally agree got to meet Chett and watch him race for the first time at the Gloria Shipman POWRi D2 race in August at Thunder Valley. Took the Dad's Auto Sales Challenge and went from the very back to take the victory.

DaveP63 10/7/15 6:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 767 (Post 428558)
You will not see this at Lucas Oil. Couple of reasons #1 Colts, turf on floor is permenate. They will not book anything big until after the playoffs. #2 Monster jam. You may say what does that have to do with anything, its a little non compete clause that they have in there contract. Can not have any motor sports events at the facility 2 or 3 months prior to or following the event. The chances of this happening at Lucas oil from Nov. to March are very very slim. To be honest, I'm really surprised Bankers life opened up. They have a chance to have a decent size track as 1 entire end opens up bigger than a hockey rink. Not sure where they could pit everything, but I will be there to see what they can do. I just hope everyone else that says they are coming, show up. Without a good crowd, this will be one and done. Time restrictions equal $$$$

If Forrest decides he wants a midget race at LO, there will be a midget race at LO. Still, very much looking forward to midgets at BLF.

cleatziff 10/7/15 7:11 PM

I don't care what the bitchers say I am pumped for this race! Even it sucks its still better than the other race I was planning to go to that night...

BrentTFunk 10/7/15 8:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmemmer (Post 428564)
You guys crack me up. You guys complain that you want more races. You guys complain about a race that is going to happen. You guys complain about a great race that has happened but you got dirty, so it was the worst time ever. You guys wonder why promoters won't put on bigger races or races in general. Hell they get torn down before they even have a chance to happen. How bout this. We all enjoy life and for what it's worth. The friendships you make at the race track, just being able to go to the race track. I have a friend who has two kids. One is a 14 year old daughter who is battling cancer for her 3rd time and his 4 year old was just told he has cancer too. How bout we just all enjoy life and get off the back's of all the promoters in the country and enjoy the sport we love.

I would say that puts things in perspective

TylerShoemaker 10/7/15 8:14 PM

I remember Peoria, IL (Civic Center) had a USAC race back in the early 90's??

Tyler Shoemaker

Beinthecircle 10/7/15 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMoore10 (Post 428469)
Says 40 of the biggest names in midget racing will be invited. 50 loads of dirt... 800 feet of steel barrier. Are we talking about once in a while NASCRAP drivers and sprint car drivers who drive a midget once a year. The list will be interesting. The promoter has an address in Charlotte, NC....... Wasn't this already a failed attempt at Kemper Arena in Kansas City? By the reports it was an oversized 1/4 (.25) midget track. What's going to be different about this deal.

Way to be positive.

Pat O'Connor Fan 10/7/15 9:30 PM

Rich Vogler won at Scope Arena in Norfolk, Virginia in January, 1977.

jim goerge 10/7/15 10:16 PM

Quote:

This post is so true about ******** over any and every little thing. I am about ready to walk away from this site, know a lot of people will say good but it don't matter to me. This ******** is not even close to what Bill would want or allow. :7:

Game Time 10/7/15 10:41 PM

BC first to accept invite.....

sun8130 10/7/15 10:51 PM

First off I live in the area and own a midget. if invited my car would be there.
Banker's Life Hockey Floor footprint uses all available space on the floor after the North bleachers and the 5 rows of retractable on the other 3 sides are moved into their storage position.
NHL list a Hockey Floor at 200' x85' with 28' radius corners, with simple geometry equals 504' around the wall.
5280 feet equal a mile. divided into 504 feet at the largest point equals .095 or less than 1/10th of a mile.

v8j 10/7/15 11:34 PM

Um you might be off a little. There is another 5-6 rowes from hocky that can go away. the south end is fixed

scottyCbus 10/8/15 7:45 AM

Quote:

Couldn't have said it better myself! Enjoy Life! Enjoy the sport we love! Nothing in life is guaranteed! :):6::32:

RacinFool 10/8/15 9:12 AM

just curious who are the powers that be who make the decision who is worthy?

Chris Baue 10/8/15 9:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellen Conover (Post 428538)
I think the fact that the opportunities are so limited in this day and age to approach new venues, most people are just worried that a hastily thrown together event could do as much damage as it could good for the sport. But at the end of the day I think we all hope for it to be a solid event that they can expand on.

Hey we don't need your kind of rationalism round here take it somewhere else Pal!

Kenneth.Howard13 10/8/15 12:47 PM

Maybe we should use social media and start a trend to try and get the T.Q.s added to the show if not this year maybe next.

JarrettFarms73 10/8/15 1:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth.Howard13 (Post 428633)
Maybe we should use social media and start a trend to try and get the T.Q.s added to the show if not this year maybe next.

Just want to make sure everyone's aware they're also running outlaw karts this year. Would be very curious if the building can accommodate pit space for a 3rd class.
If it does turn into an annual event I'm totally cool w/ changing the support class each year!

treecitytornado 10/8/15 3:58 PM

I called Bankers Life Fieldhouse to inquire about race info, tickets, etc. The lady I spoke to had not heard of any such thing or had any info about tickets going on sale for an event on Dec. 12Th. She assured me if something was going to happen, she would know about it. She asked if I would call her Monday.

micro94 10/8/15 3:58 PM

So am I correct in assuming these outlaw karts are going to be the 500cc outlaw karts they run out west? If so how well does everybody think that will work out? I mean they don't run outlaw karts around here that I'm aware of (although they look like a ball and wish they did). So with that being said is 40 guys/gals going to be invited from the west coast to come here and run this 1 show? Doesn't seem logical to me if that's the case. Why not run micros with them instead being they have grown in fan base quite a bit the last 5 years or so in this are? I do believe however this could be one awesome show and I will be there to support it. PRI show in town so there will be many talented drivers and teams already in town for that. The crowd and talent will already be here in abundance with the trade show here so I believe it will be hard to fail at this as long as they can provide a descent racing surface. I look forward to it. Believe I just may go buy my tickets tomorrow afternoon. Just curious about the outlaw kart ordeal.

treecitytornado 10/8/15 4:05 PM

Did you not just read my post? I just called Bankers Life and they have never heard anything of an even of this kind! Tickets were supposed to go on sale next Friday, but they knew nothing about it.

JDK222 10/8/15 4:06 PM

Why are there so many negative people in the world! You don't like it, don't come but drop the negativity. How do you people get up in the morning, appreciate the positive things in your life you will be happier and live longer.

JDK222 10/8/15 4:14 PM

I spoke with Bankers Life today it is a go. It is on their calendar for events at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Check for yourself.

JDK222 10/8/15 4:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treecitytornado (Post 428646)
Did you not just read my post? I just called Bankers Life and they have never heard anything of an even of this kind! Tickets were supposed to go on sale next Friday, but they knew nothing about it.

Not True check the Bankers Life Schedule it is on their official site.

micro94 10/8/15 4:21 PM

Yea I read it. Did you read mine? Do you have a answer?

JarrettFarms73 10/8/15 4:27 PM

I have no clue how the OK's will work. I've just seen it on a few social media fliers. My initial thought was its a way to get Kyle Larson, Rico, & or Bell to pull double duty. (And others)

I'm waiting on a shift bid here at work but I fully intend on going! One way or another!

Charles Nungester 10/8/15 5:26 PM

Straight out on the Bankers Life Fieldhouse events page
http://www.bankerslifefieldhouse.com...-invitational/

Kellen Conover 10/8/15 5:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micro94 (Post 428644)
So am I correct in assuming these outlaw karts are going to be the 500cc outlaw karts they run out west? If so how well does everybody think that will work out? I mean they don't run outlaw karts around here that I'm aware of (although they look like a ball and wish they did). So with that being said is 40 guys/gals going to be invited from the west coast to come here and run this 1 show? Doesn't seem logical to me if that's the case. Why not run micros with them instead being they have grown in fan base quite a bit the last 5 years or so in this are? I do believe however this could be one awesome show and I will be there to support it. PRI show in town so there will be many talented drivers and teams already in town for that. The crowd and talent will already be here in abundance with the trade show here so I believe it will be hard to fail at this as long as they can provide a descent racing surface. I look forward to it. Believe I just may go buy my tickets tomorrow afternoon. Just curious about the outlaw kart ordeal.

There is a large contingent of them out in the Charlotte area running the Millbridge speedway, several guys including Larson have them and run there occasionally.

Charles Nungester 10/8/15 5:54 PM

ronmil 10/8/15 5:54 PM

I plan to attend this event. With the exception of the Dec 6, 1980 event at the Pontiac Silverdome and the several events I have attended at the Southern Illinois Center (DuQuoin) all of the events I have attended have run on a hard surface. I attended most of the events at the Hoosier (RCA) Dome, an event or two at the Indianapolis Coliseum (Fairgrounds), and a USAC midget race at the E. J. Nutter Center at Wright State University on Jan. 15, 1995, all of which were run on the floor of the venue. Still haven't made it to the Fort Wayne Coliseum, but it is on my bucket list.