IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lawrenceburg weather (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=78726)

BIGEBUDMAN 7/14/14 8:44 AM

Re: Lawrenceburg weather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longtime sprinter (Post 383697)
You paid $25, it rained, they're offering you the chance to use the wrist band/rain check, at any other race, some that will cost the same to get in, or hold it till next years ISW race. What more could they do? I thought it was a very good solution, they tried hard to get it in, just couldn't beat the rain. We even got a bonus three great heat races for free.

agree totally!

retired14 7/14/14 9:09 AM

:917 That makes 3 of us. Hate those drives over 100 miles just to get a rain check not knowing if you'll get to use it. Can't wait for TH Wed. evening. Weather looks great. Plus, another factor I won't mention here.

Clydesdale 7/14/14 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 383702)
The fact that probably many of the over 30, Probably closer to 40 staff have regular jobs probably does have a lot to do with it. It might also be next to impossible to schedule ambulances and other things on short notice. IDK, Just thinking out loud. Real answers through link below.

http://lawrenceburgspeedway.com/contact.php Thats what its there for.

Planning Charles. I think planning is the key word here. We knew 3 or 4 days ago there was a good chance of rain. Believe it or not, not everybody reads IOW, and I'm sure there's a lot of ticked off fans that will never even post on here. If it's your concession stand workers, he could've contacted the local high school and said there was an opportunity to raise some money for their group or team. There was no plan B here. I know it's your home track, but you can only defend them so much. And this is all coming from somebody not at the race? Oh and thanks for the link.

cowboyhar69 7/14/14 11:03 AM

Here is the way to look at this....Life is full of disappointments.....be thankful you got to go. Not seeing a race and losing $25 is pretty trivial when you consider what the owner of this board Bill Gardner is dealing with.

Charles Nungester 7/14/14 11:21 AM

I gave the link, All I can do. Forecast for Sat was pretty bleak as well, you can go back and read the post of people who swore they'd get rained out. They stuck it out, Weather fell apart, They're hero's at kokomo. Rained at Last years Burg Sprintweek and other years and They got it in. Last night, Not so much.

Yeah, Im local, Can they do no wrong? NO,

You have a point with planning, But what if both GC and Kokomo got rained out? Do they get a shot at those two dates first?

That, LPS and Bloomington all "Could get rained out" They get no shot at Sunday if its needed, Even though I doubt Bloomington would? IDK what or how it's planned, when the date is offered or anything and chances are, Only the promotors and USAC do.

Im no defending, Just saying.

One day a hero, next a chump,
Contact em, Im sure you'll get answers, even if its not the one you want.

PIT CART 7/14/14 11:28 AM

If they would have called it at noon because of possible storms people would be on here venting also. Dave gave it a shot and got rained on. I know all to well how bad it sucks when this happens.

Phylo82 7/14/14 11:39 AM

Anyone that went to the track yesterday did it knowing there was a strong possibility it could be rained out. The forecast called for rain and storms all afternoon and evening. A quick look at the radar map would have been enough to know it was a crap shoot. It shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone when the rain started falling.......nothing a track can do about that.

Rpracing1 7/14/14 11:43 AM

Should have closed the dome............%#*&^#%*&^!!!

Flatrightrear 7/14/14 12:30 PM

Just think........after a 100 years and we can control the weather after mastering "global warming" there will be no more rainouts.

dirt in ur beer 7/14/14 1:42 PM

Charles , I hope ur engine deal turns out as well as possible for you.

Geezzzzz people the Englishman pretty much nailed it here . It's a frigging rainout big damn deal !!!! The girlfriend and I didn't even get to come to indiana as planned after her bladder sprung a leak and forced her into 5 hrs of surgery . But u don't hear us complaining do you. . We feel very fortunate that it didn't happen earlier at midget week (6hrs from home) or while we were at sprint week . For us a rainout woulda been awesome !!!! And we ain't got it near as bad as Bill has it !!! AMEN !!! As you were ....

sprint fan 7/14/14 5:36 PM

you looked at weather channel 40% chance for rain you rolled the dice and lost just like i did mother nature put one on you next time go acrost the street you might have 40% chance to win

SteelCore 7/15/14 7:49 PM

I was running late due to issues at work. Wouldn't have put me there til almost 7. I got down by Batesville where it was pouring down I checked the radar thought they could get it in but I wasn't going to chance it. Sucks for everyone involved but you cannot control mother nature.