IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Robert Ballou (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=10167)

Clubber Lane 10/9/08 4:00 AM

Re: Robert Ballou

Here's are a few facts on what Robert has been able to accomplish in just his first 2-years in Non-Wing Sprint Cars:

2007 & 2008 410 Non-Wing Sprint Car Stats:
(72) Total 410 Non-Wing races (+/- 36 races per year)
(14) Wins (20%)
(31) Top 5 (43%)
(42) Top 10 (59%)
$75,000 + in winnings ($1,041.67 / race average)

I would like to make the point that because of funding, or lack of, the total amount of races Robert has been in is less than 1/2 of most USAC drivers single season race totals. The drivers he is competing against nightly have 150 to 180 races over the same 2-year period. Based on the statistics above, this supports the point that if he was able to get in 70 to 80 races in a single season, he would have a very strong case to be considered one of the top drivers in the country. I don't think people realize how few races he has actually been in a non-wing sprint car, and even at 19 years old, his stats measure up to about anyone in the country.

Wallsracing 10/9/08 8:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 68877)
Can't believe it:rolling Best wishes to Jeff jr and the entire Truckers 24Hr Team. Wish I was going with them:)

well go then.....:O: I KNOW YOUR NOT WORKING:action-smiley-049:

Dirtfan 10/9/08 8:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallsracing (Post 68926)
well go then.....:O: I KNOW YOUR NOT WORKING:action-smiley-049:

:Steer:checkered:

Midget82 10/9/08 4:01 PM

I'm sure the Truckers team has a third car laying around somewhere... :idea:

petey 10/9/08 4:48 PM

cmakin: That photo of Ballou with all four off the ground is pretty much my fave pic of the year so far. I was standing inside of three and four and just got a glimpse of him when that happened.

Sure wish DC could make it out west in the 92 but I figure it won't happen. Maybe he can hook up with Crossno again. Good luck to Bland and he makes his first venture out west.

cmakin 10/9/08 4:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petey (Post 68960)
cmakin: That photo of Ballou with all four off the ground is pretty much my fave pic of the year so far. I was standing inside of three and four and just got a glimpse of him when that happened.

Sure wish DC could make it out west in the 92 but I figure it won't happen. Maybe he can hook up with Crossno again. Good luck to Bland and he makes his first venture out west.

I got a picture if him bicycling just before the hop, too. Oh I might as well put that one up, too.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2048/...e15f3958_b.jpg

Remember, these pics are for sale. . . . . (hint, hint).

jakethesnake 10/9/08 9:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PupFan (Post 68770)
sorry chris nunn if i sounded like a ***** (i know you didnt call me one) im just saying the kid deserves a ride for the remainder of the season and i didnt know if aero was being funny or serious

Well, Chris is too nice, but I call em' like I see em'. YOUR A *****.:loser:. It's a shame such a nice guy RB has a fan like you. Good luck RB. the rest of the year.

Joe Greene

sprintcarfan 10/9/08 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakethesnake (Post 68994)
Well, Chris is too nice, but I call em' like I see em'. YOUR A *****.:loser:. It's a shame such a nice guy RB has a fan like you. Good luck RB. the rest of the year.

Joe Greene

hey i havent been in this mix but that is real nice class jakethesnake calling someone a ***** for stating his opinions about a driver or drivers. hey he has his first amendment rights but your border line harassment there. and i dont see anything that is so bad about any of pupfans posts on the robert ballou conversation. good luck to all drivers headed out west for the rest of the year.

wideopenwheelie 10/10/08 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clubber Lane (Post 68919)
Here's are a few facts on what Robert has been able to accomplish in just his first 2-years in Non-Wing Sprint Cars:

(14) Wins (20%)
(31) Top 5 (43%)
(42) Top 10 (59%)

I would like to make the point that because of funding, or lack of, the total amount of races Robert has been in is less than 1/2 of most USAC drivers single season race totals. The drivers he is competing against nightly have 150 to 180 races over the same 2-year period. Based on the statistics above, this supports the point that if he was able to get in 70 to 80 races in a single season, he would have a very strong case to be considered one of the top drivers in the country. I don't think people realize how few races he has actually been in a non-wing sprint car, and even at 19 years old, his stats measure up to about anyone in the country.

Robert's stats speak for themself. Not to mention that his failure to finish races this year were no fault of his own - most of them were caused by parts failure or someone crashing into him. And he hasn't ran a midget all that often but those of us that saw him drive at paducah know he will be just as good in that series as well.

These teams are foolish if they let him slip by and don't pick him up. i haven't seen a more talented driver in a long time, he deserves a chance to run with a real team and show us what he's capable of.

Jerry Shaw 10/10/08 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clubber Lane (Post 68919)

(14) Wins (20%)
(31) Top 5 (43%)
(42) Top 10 (59%)

His early season wheel-to-wheel duel with Jesse Hockett @ THAT was one of the most exciting races I've ever seen there and with the possible exception of the ISW race at Bloomington, maybe the best race I saw all year. Everybody's ticket is worth a little more when this guy is in the lineup.

Jerry