IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumble dates? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=24655)

Tony Barhorst 10/20/09 10:11 AM

Re: Rumble dates?

What does BMARA or their promoters pay for tow money?

:35:

RacinJason 10/20/09 3:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst (Post 141890)
What does BMARA or their promoters pay for tow money?

I don't know if Badger actually pays "tow money". Everyone gets paid to race with Badger. The drivers are there. Whether they make it to the feature or just a heat race. The are a part of the complete show and they get paid.

I think Ft Wayne is a little harsh. Pays $350 for 14th and the next place is $60.

Jason

RacinJason 10/20/09 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason
evening the field out seems to be a big problem everywhere. Glad to see someone is actually trying to correct that. I had a blast racing in ft wayne. I know my car doesn't have what it takes to make the feature. So i have no choice but to stay home. That $60 tow money hardly gets me out of wisconsin let alone all the way there and back.

Jason

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE (Post 141882)
maybe its the driver who does not have a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any body can make it if there smooth and smart! And know how to set it up!

Maybe it's not the driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you should go (see below)

Tony Barhorst 10/20/09 7:28 PM

I have never seen a Badger payout...I am interested, maybe someone can post a full payout.

Thanks,

short track scott 10/20/09 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE (Post 141882)
maybe its the driver who does not have a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any body can make it if there smooth and smart! And know how to set it up!

Again, Super throwing rocks at the players on the field. Jason opens the books to show what it has cost HIM to come down and support the show, and gets crap for it. Is this the way it is here? Somebody please explain this to me. PM me if necessary. I don't get it. Maybe I need it in small words (or pictures).

Jason, thanks for coming down and racing in Fort Wayne. My kids appreciate it. My parents appreciate it. My neighbors appreciate it. Me, I LOVE IT!!!

If things work out for you to bring the car this year, great! If not, it still beats a rain out!
Posted via Mobile Device

RacinJason 10/21/09 3:08 AM

Thanks short track scott. I appreciate the support. I wasn't bashing Mr. Barhorst for the way he runs his event. Nor was it his fault for how I or my car performed. I was just mentioning why it's hard for someone out of state with not the best equipment to make it.

I had a blast racing at Ft. Wayne. It's something I will never forget.

I put more into it than most. Look back a couple years in the stands. There were a ton of kids with chekered flags. Where did they come from? They don't sell them there? They came from ME! I bought them for the kids. I even sat in the stands with the kids between my races. So maybe Im not the best driver. Maybe I haven't made the feature there. That isn't what it is all about to me. There may be a kid out there that will never forget that race!!! That's what it is about to me. Sorry I can't please everyone.

Jason

1121 10/21/09 9:01 AM

Jason,
As one budget racer to another, I hope you find a way to get to Fort Wayne again. And if you do, let me know and I'll gladly give you some pit support. Don't pay attention to the guys like Duke. Just do the best you can with the stuff you've got and have fun.

Tom Paterson

Tony Barhorst 10/21/09 9:06 AM

Jason,

I just want you to know that I appreciate you listing the expenses..I did not take you the wrong way..I am using this as a way to find out what others may be paying, and taking a hard look at it. Just using this for research...and it's kind of fun to mull over here.

I know you are a dirt track diver for the most part..That can make it tougher to make the chassis changes...I am not being defensive...I just wanted to point out that we do have two full payouts...

It is good to hear from you...don't let Duke's comment bother you. He is just stirring the pot...I realize it is tough to come out of Wisconsin...I want to tell you my rule changes are meant to give conventional midgets a break.

The VW's have had a break ( and still do) throughout the years...It is time the conventional in line midget had a break.

I hear what you are saying on the cost....someone send me a complete Badger payout..

Best,
Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com

Need For Speed 10/21/09 8:31 PM

Some folks in this thread are too sensitive.

Duke has a valid point. If you have a midget, you have a chance.

Racing indoors, in several ways, levels the playing field on it's own....

Indoors racing takes the big HP engines, new chassis, ultra light weight parts, etc, out of play.

Older cars with VWs in them, have just as good of a chance at winning as anything else. Kenyon midgets even make the show......

You've got to have the car set up right, have some driving talent, and not be afraid to 'assist somebody out of the way' if need be.