IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Midget Races at Banker's Life (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=87960)

rockstar5 10/15/15 9:16 PM

Why not Justin grant?

c47 10/15/15 9:28 PM

Re: Midget Races at Banker's Life

has anyone seen the purse?
i think a couple drivers are basing their decision on it.

JarrettFarms73 10/15/15 9:42 PM

I've not seen a total purse but the event description on the BLFH web page says $10k to win.

Hoping to see Shane Hollingsworth get an invite and my dream world invitation would go to Jeff Gordon.

flagboy55 10/16/15 2:23 AM

I would think that there will be a couple Cottle's invited soon. I wouldn't mind seeing Tim McCready get an invite, he's a chili bowl regular. I believe he ran for Andy Bondio this past year. Be cool to see him bring his car out. Always seems to have something trick with his cars.

reeserx 10/16/15 3:19 AM

One I'm surprised that hasn't been invited yet is tanner Thorson. Certainly one of the best midget drivers of 2015 and deserving of an invite

illinisprintfan 10/16/15 9:01 AM

Critter Malone has looked pretty good this year in the midget races I have seen him in. I hope he gets considered for an invitation.

bobby01 10/16/15 10:48 AM

I just went to the Ticket master site and tickets are not $20. they are $142.85 for two tickets that makes them about $71.50 each

richie 10/16/15 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby01 (Post 429347)
I just went to the Ticket master site and tickets are not $20. they are $142.85 for two tickets that makes them about $71.50 each

Looks like the Ticket Master site is a little messed up. The seating arrangement on their chart is set up for a concert. $20 tickets are available, though. Those would be the ones to go with, I assume.

rockstar5 10/16/15 11:11 AM

I'd also like to see AP

brsteg 10/16/15 11:17 AM

My $35 ticket turned into a $52 ticket after fees and processing. DARN!. Anyone order from ticket office? Any mark ups direct from, if so how much?

cleatziff 10/16/15 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like there is varying prices foe tickets. Attached is the promo code for 5 dollars off tickets. Except at the 20 dollar level.

Johnhunt 10/16/15 2:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brsteg (Post 429351)
My $35 ticket turned into a $52 ticket after fees and processing. DARN!. Anyone order from ticket office? Any mark ups direct from, if so how much?

Ticketmaster = the mob. I was caught a little off guard by the $11.50 "service" fee per ticket. Plus I printed the ticket off myself lol.

ronmil 10/16/15 2:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatziff (Post 429356)
Looks like there is varying prices foe tickets. Attached is the promo code for 5 dollars off tickets. Except at the 20 dollar level.

The initial post said tickets starting at $20.00

THS 10/16/15 2:25 PM

Just stopped by box office and got my tickets. They are from $20-$55. They said they aren't ssure where the start/finsh will be. I got club level section 104 for $35 each. Free 20 minute parking (mon-fri 6a-7p) on Pennsylvania Street so you don't have to pay for parking while walking into box office. Hope this helps

tqracer53 10/16/15 3:00 PM

Can you buy a pit pass now or can you get in pits thanks.

jjones752 10/16/15 3:19 PM

The site says pit passes are only available the day of the race, but they don't say how much they'll be...

RacinFool 10/16/15 6:55 PM

How about Bobby Santos?, I have a car for him.

BigWheel7 10/17/15 1:06 AM

Can anybody help me out with this ticketmaster website?

The only option I am getting from them is seats in what would appear to be turn 1 and 2. Did all the other seats all ready sale out?

Tumey's 55 10/17/15 8:17 AM

Shane Cottle said on Twitter that he is in.

v8j 10/17/15 8:42 AM

I do not believe there will be public pit passes. Because of space it would not safe. I think they will limit pass to 2 or 3 crew per car. Turns 3 & 4 seating will not be there. The seats will be pulled up like for a concert or hocky.

BrentTFunk 10/18/15 9:10 AM

Does anyone know when you be able to put down blankets?

brsteg 10/18/15 2:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 429510)
Does anyone know when you be able to put down blankets?

Reserved seating only.

BrentTFunk 10/18/15 3:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brsteg (Post 429537)
Reserved seating only.

Your kidding. I was going to be there the Weds before and was hoping to put down a blanket, since we will be running late on race night.

JDK222 10/18/15 4:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 429541)
Your kidding. I was going to be there the Weds before and was hoping to put down a blanket, since we will be running late on race night.

I wanted to put mine down next weekend. Probably won't go anyway:).

Charles Nungester 10/18/15 4:03 PM

Tape off a whole section so you can have some leg room, A cooler and a Stadium Seat. :6:

TQ29m 10/18/15 4:04 PM

If they can get the number of views in the stands, and the number of comments in the pits, it could be a loooong night! Bob

brsteg 10/18/15 4:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 429541)

Them ball bouncer fans would be pissed at you.

ronmil 10/18/15 4:58 PM

The seating at The Hoosier (RCA) Dome for the midget races was reserved. I never bought tickets in advance, always just walked up to the ticket window on race day. I think the largest crowd ever drawn at the 'Dome was a little under 20,000. Bankers Life seats around 18,000, depending on what configuration is used. If you live out of town and want to buy tickets in advance, you are forced to deal with Ticketmaster. I called the box office and they told me they could not sell me tickets by phone. I am waiting a while before making a decision on tickets. I want to see the event, but weather could be a factor affecting travel. I hope the event is a success, but there will still be tickets available on raceday for walk ups.

BrentTFunk 10/18/15 4:59 PM

I was wondering if anyone was going to take my comment seriously. This thread had all the whining and drama of all other pre race, except blankets. I didn't want to leave them out.

PIT CART 10/18/15 5:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 429555)
I was wondering if anyone was going to take my comment seriously. This thread had all the whining and drama of all other pre race, except blankets. I didn't want to leave them out.

Can I bring my own cooler of beer? Any lawn chair seating?

ronmil 10/18/15 5:09 PM

Wow! 34,443 views! Almost double the seating capacity of the Bankers Life Fieldhouse!

Charles Nungester 10/18/15 5:09 PM

There might be room for a couple motor homes on each side of the track entrance. Thats premium $$ right there. Should boost the purse a bit.

ronmil 10/18/15 5:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 429555)

Is it Indiana Sprint Week yet?

mc/rider 10/18/15 6:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 429558)
There might be room for a couple motor homes on each side of the track entrance. Thats premium $$ right there. Should boost the purse a bit.

This might be more like a concert venue,camp on the sidewalk for 2 days

767 10/19/15 8:49 AM

stopped by the field house yesterday and picked up 10 tickets. No extra charges at the box office by the way. The ticket lady said sales have been great so far. Looking at things yesterday, my guess is long straights tight corners. Gonna be fun.

jjones752 10/19/15 10:34 AM

Buying your tickets at the box office is definitely the way to go if you live close enough; not only do you avoid the Ticketmaster fees, you get to pick your seats rather than letting the software do it. FYI, it seems like whoever did the pricing does not realize lower level/front row does not equal prime seating for a race track. I got seats halfway up, almost mid-straightaway for 35 bucks each. Front or back straight I have no idea; when I asked where the start/finish was the lady behind the glass pointed to the middle of the turn at the open end of the chart. When I questioned it she said "Well, that's what they told us"...

brsteg 10/20/15 8:13 PM

S/F being in a turn could add some excitement. And probably some wrecks. I kind of hope S/F will be opposite that of the one in the seating chart. But shouldn't matter.

racer5c 10/21/15 8:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones752 (Post 429616)
Buying your tickets at the box office is definitely the way to go if you live close enough; not only do you avoid the Ticketmaster fees, you get to pick your seats rather than letting the software do it. FYI, it seems like whoever did the pricing does not realize lower level/front row does not equal prime seating for a race track. I got seats halfway up, almost mid-straightaway for 35 bucks each. Front or back straight I have no idea; when I asked where the start/finish was the lady behind the glass pointed to the middle of the turn at the open end of the chart. When I questioned it she said "Well, that's what they told us"...

fumes are worse the higher you go

scottyCbus 10/22/15 7:14 AM

View is better the higher you go! When it comes to racing so its a give and take!

jjones752 10/22/15 8:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer5c (Post 429816)
fumes are worse the higher you go

True, Roy; that's why I went for the $35 seats instead of the $20's; I figure that's roughly equivalent to near the top of the stands at DuQuoin or Ft. Wayne.