IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mav TV you let us down!!!!! (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=74655)

4wheelsinthekoosh 1/18/14 11:02 PM

Mav TV you let us down!!!!!

Who else wanted to see Shane Cottle kick the hell out of Brad Kuhn.

bigq11 1/18/14 11:24 PM

Re: Marc you let us down!!!!!

Who says he didn't. They cut away before he got to him. Kidding aside, I doubt much happened. He was probably tired out from running that far by the time he got there.

richie 1/18/14 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigq11 (Post 363189)
Kidding aside, I doubt much happened. He was probably tired out from running that far by the time he got there.

That's not what I've heard/read.

OZ11 1/18/14 11:31 PM

Cottle walked up to Kuhn didn't say nothing,, just started swinging and kicked his ass.

treecitytornado 1/18/14 11:36 PM

Coverage is not the best for sure. Glad it's on, but not enough driver interviews, no Cottle/Kuhn follow-up, when was the last time someone ran an in/out box?, 65" wheel base, etc. Sure miss the Larry and Gary show! Dave Despain calling the play by play would be great too. I'm sure they will get better as time goes on.

RGraves 1/19/14 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZ11 (Post 363194)
Cottle walked up to Kuhn didn't say nothing,, just started swinging and kicked his ass.

Not really. Saw it on FB. Cottle walked up to him and pushed his shoulders. It took nothing for the guy to pull him back. Not impressed. If he was looking for anything but attention, he would've just went in there and got the job done. Weak

9racing 1/19/14 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigq11 (Post 363189)
Who says he didn't. They cut away before he got to him. Kidding aside, I doubt much happened. He was probably tired out from running that far by the time he got there.

You must not know much about Cottle.. dude is a beast!!:44:

Kellen Conover 1/19/14 12:14 AM

If you happen to have twitter and know how to search for DJ Netto you will see what happened.

Jerry Shaw 1/19/14 12:19 AM

Quote:

I just saw the video. Nobody got beat up. Kuhn might have gotten beat up if there weren't a whole crowd of people there to break it up and hold Shane back. It was over before it really even got started.

Pat O'Connor Fan 1/19/14 1:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGraves (Post 363199)
Not really. Saw it on FB. Cottle walked up to him and pushed his shoulders. It took nothing for the guy to pull him back. Not impressed. If he was looking for anything but attention, he would've just went in there and got the job done. Weak

Easy for people to post ***** on the 'net when they don't have to look a really pizzed off Shane in the eye

grinch 1/19/14 2:17 AM

Ahh.......the chili bowl........where else can you make friends like cattle and Kuhn did.

Charles Nungester 1/19/14 2:23 AM

Re: Mav TV you let us down!!!!!

It was clear to me Cottle just wanted to get his point across. If he wanted to deck him He would have done just that..

Kuhn's retired now, Cottles got a bent up car and Hines got the transfer.

midgetmaniac 1/19/14 2:47 AM

Quote:

you obviously are not watching the same thing because to me not a whole lot happened.

johnnythunderhead 1/19/14 6:33 AM

why is it that when cottle banged hard into taylor all was well and fine in the world, but when Kuhn did likewise with cottle at the end of the race when both were going after the same parcial of space, suddenly Kuhn was deserving an ass kicking? I lost all respect for cottle tonite, we teach our children the evil in bullying and look what our racing hero's do, because they're bigger than the other guy and can!

racer-x 1/19/14 9:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead (Post 363234)
why is it that when the evil in bullying and look what our racing hero's do, because they're bigger than the other guy and can!

Wow don't tell me we call racecar drivers bully's in todays society of always protecting "the children" and what they see. I'm sure glad I grew up in a era of standing up for myself instead of getting a lawyer or spilling your idiocy on Facebook cause someone "Bullied" me or my kid.

Fredy 1/19/14 9:23 AM

Because everyone knows Kuhn is an A@S !!!!

midgetmaniac 1/19/14 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredy (Post 363240)
Because everyone knows Kuhn is an A@S !!!!

You can dislike him or not like his personality , but you CANNOT DISPUTE that he is one of the 3 best midget drivers in the last decade. Only Bryan Clauson or Jerry Coons one could argue has accomplished more. He will be in the National Midget HOF one day.

Johnhunt 1/19/14 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgetmaniac (Post 363243)
You can dislike him or not like his personality , but you CANNOT DISPUTE that he is one of the 3 best midget drivers in the last decade. Only Bryan Clauson or Jerry Coons one could argue has accomplished more. He will be in the National Midget HOF one day.

Top 3? Really? Really? Top ten for sure, maybe top 5 but top 3 is a stretch.
Also, tough to say MavTV let us down, even in jest. They have given us what we longed for. LIVE dirt open wheel racing on TV.

Wayne Davis 1/19/14 11:01 AM

YOU ARE KIDDING....RIGHT???
"Mav TV you let us down!!!!"

...when is the last time you saw LIVE midget racing on TV....shows like "Flip The Switch" or the new "30Thirty" show coming this spring.........

MavTV THANK YOU:6::6:THANK YOU:6::6: THANK YOU....this ole southerner loves what you are doing...keep on doing!!!!!!!

VSneader2 1/19/14 11:07 AM

I thought the coverage was great. yeah they had a lot about the Swindells but when a father son team wins 9 chili bowls combined, you should expect that. Kevin almost done it again. For being MavTV's first live event I thought it was pretty darn good. I think i only saw one or two technical mistakes through out it. Dave Despain was a great addition to the network and team. MavTV is becoming my favorite channel hands down. More dirt racing then any other channels combined for the last 10 years.

midgetmaniac 1/19/14 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruts n guts (Post 363250)
Top 3? Really? Really? Top ten for sure, maybe top 5 but top 3 is a stretch.
Also, tough to say MavTV let us down, even in jest. They have given us what we longed for. LIVE dirt open wheel racing on TV.

I see what your saying. I put him in the top 3 because I think the jury is still out on some of the drivers. Larson would absolutely be the best if he would stay long enough which is not the case. Loyet has moved to sprints now. Daum and Hagan are very capable of some more great things for them in the future. Tracy Hines is a great driver and is good in everything he gets in , I was just limiting it to midgets. Thank you MAVTV for the broadcast, but please showcase more about other drivers besides the crybaby Swindell's. I know what they have done at the Chili Bowl should be recognized , but countless other individuals should get some publicity for their work in midget racing.

Shawn 1/19/14 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 363225)
It was clear to me Cottle just wanted to get his point across. If he wanted to deck him He would have done just that..

Kuhn's retired now, Cottles got a bent up car and Hines got the transfer.

Tracy Hines had nothing to do with it. Ramey is the car that benefitted and grabbed the final transfer spot.

4wheelsinthekoosh 1/19/14 11:53 AM

Geeeee wizzzz. Does every damn thing I say get taken so literally. I was takin about the fight part not the job they did all night. I can see mavtv bring back the Thursday night thunder considering how good they did.

Jack Dupp 1/19/14 12:10 PM

Video of confrontation

speed bump 1/19/14 12:43 PM

Re: Video of confrontation

...If you didn't like the T V coverage ...then go in person next year and shut the hell up .....I LIKED IT...

Rpracing1 1/19/14 1:01 PM

Hell, I thought the live FREE feed on the old Inter-web was Fantastic! Thanks Justin-TV

Scott Daloisio 1/19/14 1:02 PM

Watching drivers fight on TV is not going to do the sport any good. Just makes us look like a bunch of rednecks to the general population. They do not understand.

Johnhunt 1/19/14 1:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio (Post 363267)
Watching drivers fight on TV is not going to do the sport any good. Just makes us look like a bunch of rednecks to the general population. They do not understand.

I agree 100%, but then again, when I was in college a big group of guys got together to watch WWF WWE whatever the heck it was. My point is it's the dumbest sport known to man, but they play hero vs. villains and it draws a crowd. A fight in national TV drew a crowd to nascrap, maybe dirt open wheel needs hero's and villains.

Scott Daloisio 1/19/14 1:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruts n guts (Post 363273)
I agree 100%, but then again, when I was in college a big group of guys got together to watch WWF WWE whatever the heck it was. My point is it's the dumbest sport known to man, but they play hero vs. villains and it draws a crowd. A fight in national TV drew a crowd to nascrap, maybe dirt open wheel needs hero's and villains.

Certainly agree that we need hero's and villains.

johnnythunderhead 1/19/14 2:51 PM

when it comes to having heros and villains in dirt track racin,, why do you think steve kinser drove a white car and Sammy swindell drove a black car back in the day?

Charles Nungester 1/19/14 3:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio (Post 363267)

Scott, I know what your saying and what you mean, HOWEVER, Wasn't it a Allison yarboro fight that launched Napcar into 24/7 TV?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXbHQtZH8dE

Charles Nungester 1/19/14 3:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead (Post 363282)
when it comes to having heros and villains in dirt track racin,, why do you think steve kinser drove a white car and Sammy swindell drove a black car back in to day?

Because Valvoline came in a white can and TMC truckings trucks were as black and pretty as the car.

Osborn 1/19/14 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGraves (Post 363199)

Your blind. Watch the video again. When Kuhn dropped his head, Cottle threw a couple upper cuts and connected... Not impressed? Lol. Whatever. Who could have been impressed when you have 30 people pulling you back from a guy that deserved to get his head ripped off...... One on one and you woulda seen impressed.

Pine 1/19/14 9:44 PM

So you went to a race and a Hockey game broke out. What's wrong with that !!!

Flatrightrear 1/19/14 10:00 PM

If Kevin Swindell evers commits to a full-time sprint/midget schedule I think he will be one tough customer.

sttmn 1/19/14 11:30 PM

Shane Cottle should have been removed from facility. He should not be welcome at any racing facility for 2014. This is not good for the sport. I really disrespect the Chili Bowl officials. I seen at least a half a dozen of them just let him run by, knowing where he was headed.

Sprintfan1985 1/20/14 3:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sttmn (Post 363357)
Shane Cottle should have been removed from facility. He should not be welcome at any racing facility for 2014. This is not good for the sport. I really disrespect the Chili Bowl officials. I seen at least a half a dozen of them just let him run by, knowing where he was headed.

It's part of racing. People have a lot of emotions going with it being such a big race so that's expected sometimes. That's the way issues were handled for years and now you think he should be banned because he is standing up for himself. It happens all the time in any sport you watch. Should you ban every one of them?

Rpracing1 1/20/14 8:25 AM

Once a driver gets his azz kicked in front of a bunch of his peers he normally thinks twice about making a stupid move on the race track again. Effective method of teaching in my old school book. Cry baby's .

Gregg 1/20/14 8:54 AM

I will give a kudos for MAV-TV from beginning to end. They didn't show the Cottle-Kuhn dustup. No biggie. I figure I will hear about it one way or another.

MAV-TV didn't show the fight but Fox-Sports showed showed someone ranting like a raving lunatic last night after the football game. Which network gets more of my respect?

crp26 1/20/14 9:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sttmn (Post 363357)

Are you serious ? Glad Shane did not get in any trouble for this just wished he could have nailed him with a couple more shots. Some drivers show no respect anymore because nobody can do anything to them . Need to be like the 60-70s where stuff like this was settled quickly and lesson learned. Glad that BK did not make the feature after what he did.