IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Mayhem Week June 20-June 23
6/20/24, 10:51 AM   #11
Re: Maverick Mayhem Week June 20-June 23
beaner

Looks like another strong car/driver to not sleep on for the first 3 nights. JJ Hickle out of WA in the #22. Go JJ!

6/24/24, 12:02 AM   #12
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Winged Sprint Series View Post
Maverick Winged Sprint Car Series presented by Honest Abe Roofing and the Bumper to Bumper IRA Series are joining forces for Maverick Mayhem 2024. These 410 winged sprint cars will be running a 4 night week at 4 of Indiana's iconic race tracks and this is the inaugural year for Mayhem Week.
First up on Thursday, June 20th, is Lincoln Park Speedway "Capital of the Cushion" with Super Stocks. Lincoln Park Speedway hosted the first Maverick race in October 2023. This will be the series first time returning to where it all started.
Night Two, Friday June 21st is at the Bloomington Speedway with 305 Racesavers as part of Kevin "The Pup" Huntley Memorial. The Bloomington Speedway is in its 101st season of operation and this will be the Maverick Winged Series first visit to the iconic Red Clay.
Night Three, Saturday June 22nd, finds the Maverick and IRA drivers rolling into "The Class Track" of Tristate Speedway with Midwest Mini Sprints. Both the Maverick Series and IRA Series are honored to battle it out at Tristate Speedway.
Night Four, Sunday June 23, is the Mayhem Week's Finale, the drivers will take on the Legendary Indiana Half Mile that is the Terre Haute Action Track with the 305 Racesavers. This will be the Maverick Series second trip to the Terre Haute Action Track in 2024, the season opener was hosted here on May 5th.

Drivers and Teams: Durabuilt Performance will be onsite at all three events to assist you with your fuel, tires, and parts needs.
Thank you to the Maverick series and the IRA for a really good weekend of racing. I enjoyed all 4 shows and had a chance to attend in-person on Friday at Bloomington. I hope it was good for the tracks, race teams, and both series. Love to see it again next year.

6/24/24, 12:47 AM   #13
bigvee

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 40

Me to

1 member likes this post: The Old Coyote
6/24/24, 12:23 PM   #14

Solid 4 races. Rainouts did bring in some names. Those were some very good shows for not being WOO or HiLimit. Fans got there moneys worth. I really hope the promoters did to. Froom the camera angles it was hard to tell crowds.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
6/24/24, 12:55 PM   #15
Blitzman

Keep it 4 race week next year, and crowds will improve dramatically imo. Kokomo on a Sunday instead of THAT will probably go over better. Or due Wednesday-Saturday. Sunday can be a hard sell for some tracks.

6/25/24, 1:22 PM   #16
Hubie48

Not a wing guy but I will give credit where credit is due

They had really good car counts. Terre Haute surprised Me. I am not a wing sprint car guy but watched them on Flo and it was pretty darn good racing.

Wake Up Call anyone? $$$$$

3 members like this post: Dale, interpreter66, PIT CART
6/25/24, 3:14 PM   #17
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzman View Post
…Kokomo on a Sunday instead of THAT will probably go over better…
Finally, I can take a drink!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Mayhem Week June 20-June 23