IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It’s back!
9/24/24, 12:39 PM   #51
Re: It’s back!
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMooney View Post
My idea…

Take the 4-Crown Nationals to three-days…

Thurs / Fri: Split the field for HLR and USAC Sprints. Utilize a Knoxville Nationals style points format. Run full shows for the sprints: qualifying, heats and A Mains.

Friday: Add a full show of USAC Midgets to the program with the sprints: qualifying, heats and A Main.

Saturday run only C, B, and A Mains for HLR and USAC Sprints, A Main for the Midgets and bring the USAC Silver Crown cars in for one day only on Saturday with their qualifying and feature.

As long as we’re dreaming – pay each A-main on Saturday $25,000 to win.

Add a “Jack Hewitt Bonus” of $100,000 if a driver can win all four A-mains on Saturday night, $50,000 to win three, $25,000 to win two.
You financing the extra payout?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: dirtybob29, Hustlin-Hoosier
9/24/24, 3:48 PM   #52
DirtTrackTherapy16J

I went to Eldora on Saturday for only the 2nd time in my life. It was my first 4Crown. I knew it was going to be a late night. That's the chance and sacrifice I made to experience something amazing, noone made me go, noone made me stay.

Parking is phenomenal...lots of parking for vehicles and camping. Prices I felt was cheaper then any track I've ever been to. Reserved seating only $45 for all 3 USAC divisions and High Limit...so cheap...I paid $40 alone just for High Limit at Kokomo in 2024.

Food and drinks was priced very affordable as well. Again, cheapest anywhere I've been. Seats was good, just need to bring a cushion next time. Jumbotron is amazing. Great lighting. Clean bathrooms for the most part outside of careless people trashing them. Employees were all friendly. One heck of a crowd!! Just awesome in general!!

Awesome awesome tribute and poem from Rico!! Brought a couple tears to my eyes and our group!! Great to see a track and drivers still honoring him and not forgetting Scott Bloomquist, a true legend of Eldora Speedway and dirt track racing in general!!

This is my positive post and I just want to say Thank You to Eldora Speedway, Tony Stewart, all the staff and employees of Eldora Speedway, the teams, the drivers, and the fans for giving us some great memories to last the rest of our lives!!

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, flagboy55
9/24/24, 4:21 PM   #53
flagboy55

16j, we’ll see you there again next year. In spite of shortcomings it’s still great and adjustments will be made to help improve it. Glad you enjoyed it

1 member likes this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J
9/24/24, 4:25 PM   #54
Re: It’s back!
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

I'd keep the format the same except run the Silver Crown race Friday night.

9/24/24, 4:34 PM   #55
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Yes 55, we will be back. The dust bowl was ridiculous and i hated it, my favorite rwce cars (Nonwing Sprints) i had to watch from the Jumbotron and was sitting half way up and just South of the flagstand.

When I have time, I'll make a post concerning many of the dumb things that people have said on this exact thread involving things like the tractors being toys and how weather has nothing to do with it and what I see as being some of the main problem with the race track at Eldora.

No I'm not a genius when it comes to racing but I don't have to be to understand soil and soil conditions. I've been on a farm all 42 years of my life and work my part time fun job on a farm. Soil is soil wether it's farming, racing, or whatever...same principles still apply.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It’s back!