IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year
10/2/24, 8:40 PM   #21
Re: Bacon going wing racing next year
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Blah, Blah, Blah blah blah blah, USAC's done, over, nobody wants to run it, Blah.
The champions always move on or retire yet it continues and is still the best racing in the overall scheme of things. it also makes it more incentive for locals to run the shows when they could crack the top five possibly and not hope to crack the top ten

In either discipline they're going to have to compete against top teams. While each takes huge sums of money to run full time. It's still probably half to run USAC. I've seen many leave and basically not be able to continue due to fundage. Not finishing well getting fired because either the car owner sees someone else as better or someone else can bring backing.

I got no idea who HAR will hookup with or if. All I know is that Rob said it was his desire to at least make the 100 mark. And I couldn't tell you even if I did until they release the info themselves.. Several guys out there that would like to try full time or all full time USAC but need more to be competitive.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, okie
10/2/24, 8:56 PM   #22
PJ Wright

The rumors of USAC's demise have been greatly exaggerated...for decades.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55
10/2/24, 8:59 PM   #23
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

That’s a lot of Blah

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
10/2/24, 9:07 PM   #24
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Is Spridge going along too? Into a management position where Bacon races so that if the rules need to be broken, it’ll be swept under the rug like this year?
That right there is too funny!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/2/24, 9:08 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
That’s a lot of Blah

I've been told Im "Full of it" more than once.

10/2/24, 9:36 PM   #26
kendirt

Quote:
Is Spridge going along too? Into a management position where Bacon races so that if the rules need to be broken, it’ll be swept under the rug like this year?
You think Spridge was with him when he won his two WoO races? Or made the A-mains at Knoxville and the King's Royal this year?

Seems like people don't get that he's already fast in a winged car.

10/2/24, 9:36 PM   #27
TQ97

I’ll guess CJ Leary in the 69 next year.

10/2/24, 9:47 PM   #28
Rpracing1

Quote:
Is Spridge going along too??
We can dream, can’t we?

10/2/24, 11:05 PM   #29
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Blah, Blah, Blah blah blah blah, USAC's done, over, nobody wants to run it, Blah.
The champions always move on or retire yet it continues and is still the best racing in the overall scheme of things. it also makes it more incentive for locals to run the shows when they could crack the top five possibly and not hope to crack the top ten

In either discipline they're going to have to compete against top teams. While each takes huge sums of money to run full time. It's still probably half to run USAC. I've seen many leave and basically not be able to continue due to fundage. Not finishing well getting fired because either the car owner sees someone else as better or someone else can bring backing.

I got no idea who HAR will hookup with or if. All I know is that Rob said it was his desire to at least make the 100 mark. And I couldn't tell you even if I did until they release the info themselves.. Several guys out there that would like to try full time or all full time USAC but need more to be competitive.
I respect your opinion but to say the top USAC teams are spending half what wing guys are is false. The top USAC teams are buying the same top of the line motors as winged teams, new tires every time they hit the track, full time crew guys, fleet of cars, etc. USAC will be fine, new guys will fill the void but they need to find a way to bolster purses, tow money, and other perks through series sponsorships or other avenues.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year