IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year
10/16/24, 12:13 PM   #81
California Mike

Well, it’s sad to me. Seems like most sports are cheating to some degree. Astros were caught cheating, suspend the manager and the coach, and give the trophies and money to the players with no penalties at all. Just one example. Very disappointed in Usac allowing this without any type of explanation. As explained before the driver admitted what he did. At that point Usac could’ve initiated the penalty without any other explanation. But they didn’t. Grant asked officials to install the weight because of the track condition and was denied. Why was that. I’ve been in a Race fan of Usac for 50 years and it’s the best racing around. And now I’m starting to look for other alternatives to racing. As Mr. Charles says we’re crying. He seems to be the answer man for all racing questions. If it wasn’t his favorite team and driver, he might be complaining also. All we’re asking for is an explantion. 😎🏁

10/16/24, 12:56 PM   #82
Re: Bacon going wing racing next year
nodramazone20

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Mike View Post
Well, it’s sad to me. Seems like most sports are cheating to some degree. Astros were caught cheating, suspend the manager and the coach, and give the trophies and money to the players with no penalties at all. Just one example. Very disappointed in Usac allowing this without any type of explanation. As explained before the driver admitted what he did. At that point Usac could’ve initiated the penalty without any other explanation. But they didn’t. Grant asked officials to install the weight because of the track condition and was denied. Why was that. I’ve been in a Race fan of Usac for 50 years and it’s the best racing around. And now I’m starting to look for other alternatives to racing. As Mr. Charles says we’re crying. He seems to be the answer man for all racing questions. If it wasn’t his favorite team and driver, he might be complaining also. All we’re asking for is an explantion. 😎🏁
well said....no explanation is ridiculous

1 member likes this post: erich45
10/16/24, 3:46 PM   #83
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
You seem obsessed with Bacon......how about the other 6 or 7 guys who had weight bolted up front ??......

Exactly and it started at Action Track from what I understand although that was a show up points deal.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
10/16/24, 4:05 PM   #84
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Mike View Post
Im not denying anything. But cheating has been going on since two cars met for the second time and the best bend the rules to barely meet them.

I've seen guys win with motors who's first and eighth cylinder were legal and the rest 30 over. I've seen championships won in 360s with 410s who never podium ed but averaged fifth for finishes. I've seen siped tires win big money races when it was not allowed and not penalized afterwards. When we ran bombers the rules were Hoosier racing tires or a OEM street tire with a 65 width limit. We'd run the USED Goodyear Eagles that Camaro's and Trans Ams ran at the time a 215-65-14 Put tubes in em and ran em about 12 and 9 pds. Our tires would be working three laps before everyone else's came to temp. Technically it was legal. BARELY.

10/16/24, 5:57 PM   #85
Grocery Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
You seem obsessed with Bacon......how about the other 6 or 7 guys who had weight bolted up front ??......
Who are the other 6 or 7 guys you are referring to? I'm sure many would like to know.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year