IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Sprint Series?
10/8/24, 6:18 PM   #1
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

It appears they'll be another player next year for Winged Sprint Cars.
Will The Maverick Series still be in operation?

https://x.com/POWRi_Racing/status/18...XQrji8Z8w&s=01

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 10/8/24 at 6:20 PM.

10/8/24, 7:34 PM   #2
Re: Maverick Sprint Series?
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 80
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
It appears they'll be another player next year for Winged Sprint Cars.
Will The Maverick Series still be in operation?

https://x.com/POWRi_Racing/status/18...XQrji8Z8w&s=01
Dan,

I would say that the Maverick Series is finished! Kevin Newton looks to be teaming up with POWRi 410 winged series.

Bruce Eckel

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, flagboy55, luckybuc97, nathans1012, oppweld, PIT CART
10/9/24, 7:52 PM   #3
Re: Maverick Sprint Series?
Vookie

A Facebook discussion,
'Jason Myers
Will this be in addition to the Maverick deal or Is this taking its place'

'Kevin Newton
Jason Myers that is yet to be known. The maverick series is handled by a different group. We will have wait and see what they plan to do. Although the plan is to continue to grow wing racing through out Indiana.'

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
10/9/24, 8:30 PM   #4
flagboy55

Which is unnecessary

10/9/24, 9:10 PM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Hopefully winged racing completely fails in the state of Indiana. Kevin Newton should be concentrating on growing silver crown racing. Winged racing sucks. I’ve been watching it for 40 years and non-wing totally blows it away.

10/9/24, 10:32 PM   #6
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Hopefully winged racing completely fails in the state of Indiana. Kevin Newton should be concentrating on growing silver crown racing. Winged racing sucks. I’ve been watching it for 40 years and non-wing totally blows it away.
This is a really foolish thing to say. Wishing for something to fail is pretty immature and selfish, but not unexpected from you.

1 member likes this post: Grocery Guy
10/9/24, 11:09 PM   #7
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Wow. Because you've been watching it for 40 years, it sucks. Right. Growing Silver Crown racing? You better find some younger demographics is you want to grow Silver Crown racing. And some extra purse $$$. Wishing something to completely fail in the racing world is harsh, Indiana or wherever. Guess you're wishing for the WoO date at Haubstadt, one of our best tracks and promoters, to completely fail. Or High Limit at Kokomo. Or FAST at Circle City. Nice. 👎

10/9/24, 11:34 PM   #8
openwheelfan1

Do I prefer non winged sprint cars over winged sprint cars? YES. Do I watch winged sprint cars? YES! We go to the WoO events at Volusia in February, and we have seen some GREAT racing there. We’ve been going to the Knoxville Nationals for almost 15 years, and we LOVE it! But I’d still prefer to see USAC sprints.

With all that said, IMO, ANY racing series that puts butts in the seats of racetracks is a good thing. If the Maverick Series or WoO or High Limit can attract new fans to racetracks GREAT! Then it is up to non winged sprint cars to convert them from winged sprint car fans to non winged fans. Do a better job of promoting and put on a show that is better, and the fans will vote with their money.

1 member likes this post: erich45
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Sprint Series?