IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Announcer
6/30/24, 11:47 AM   #21
Re: USAC Announcer
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Really not just announcers but tracks closing, promoters walking away.

Here's one posted by a insider

Gordy Gundaker
·
The amount of track bashing is ridiculous. Normally I don’t give 2 ***** about reading any of it. And honestly I still don’t care. But I’m gonna lay something out for everyone real quick..
My parents have owned and operated Tri City for 20 years. I have seen them go days on end with a few hours sleep only to lose a race to rain, or lose their ass because it looks like rain and we don’t get people in the stands. Every scenario possible we have been through it.
We have had great race tracks, rough tracks, rubber tracks, and just ok tracks in that span of 20 years. But at no point have they ever quit working or quit trying to give everyone a place to go race on Fridays.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve been fortunate to understand more what it looks like to try and run a business day in and day out. They are not perfect, they make mistakes just like everyone else does on a daily basis. But once again, they never quit putting in an effort to see our place succeed and continue to grow.

But the real part that drives me up a wall is when I get on here and see comments like “They give no effort”, “Sell the place”, “Same old Gundaker’s who don’t care”.

And Ive had enough of it truly. I watched 2 race tracks get sold this week. Whether they will stay tracks is to be determined. But that’s 2 sets of promoters that are probably fed up with the same ******** we deal with. Idk how many tracks in the last few years we’ve lost but I know it’s too many. The way you idiots who stay at home with nothing better to do than be fat, lazy and type on your computers all day continue to bash every race track for choosing to cancel or because they have a bad night/long night, you’ll eventually run every promoter off.
I know this isn’t necessarily the group consensus when it comes to this topic and every group has a few bad apples. But I’ve been to numerous places where 1 person ruins it for everybody. I wish I had the opportunity to come stand over and critique every little thing you guys do during the day and tell you what a **** job you’re doing and see how much you enjoy it. I can guarantee you wouldn’t last 20 years.

If you think you can do better, get off the couch, go buy a race track. Hell come work at ours for a week. We will let you make all the decisions, pay the purse, insurance, cost of goods, payroll, and everything else that comes with the day to day operations. And when you get done at the end of the week, and you rain out or don’t make any money, I’d love to see how you feel about it. We will even make sure everyone knows you are running it so that way when you make the wrong decision they can bash you on social media the same way you do us.

The point I’m getting at. Before you go losing your **** on here, make sure you remember the reason you want to go to the races, and why you love going. I grew up with racing in my blood and want to see this sport continue to grow and stay healthy so my kids can grow up and race and make the friends like I have, share the same relationships I do with the people who have the same passion as me.

Every night will not be perfect. Some nights we will cancel and the sun will shine. Some nights we will try to race and it’s going to rain out. The race track might not be perfect, or there will be too much dust. But at the end of the day, we all still have somewhere to go until we don’t anymore. The old adage of “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it” rings true. But really at this point, if you don’t have anything nice to say just shove it up your ass. ��

We will see you at Tri-City Speedway July 12th for the Lucas series! Hope you guys have a good day and a great weekend!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/30/24 at 11:48 AM.

5 members like this post: erich45, Ilovedirttrackracing, Jonr, Speedmax3, stp6237
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Announcer