IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
7/1/24, 6:49 PM   #51
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister17 View Post
I noticed the photo of the 69 car was not from Macon.
See, Cheap Fakes!

1 member likes this post: Fat RR
7/1/24, 8:01 PM   #52
flagboy55

Cap, does violate the rules sound better? Like you said, if there’s an infraction there should be consequences. Otherwise why have rules? I personally hate when this happens, because at least at this point, with the info I have, I can’t defend my club. I hope resolution comes soon

3 members like this post: Hubie48, stp6237, WinglessLovers
7/1/24, 8:16 PM   #53
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister17 View Post
I noticed the photo of the 69 car was not from Macon.
So Bacons done this before then! 🤣

4 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48
7/2/24, 1:45 PM   #54
Hubie48

Interesting discussion

Here it is Tuesday afternoon and there is no news online that I can find. I am not on twatter or fakebook so I suppose I am severely handicapped....

7/2/24, 4:09 PM   #55
digdug

What's complicated, if u violate a rule you lose your results and money for that race.

.................................................. .

If you violate (especially knowingly) a performance advantage rule maybe fines, points or even a vacation is in order. Also safety issues (like tubing thickness) should fall under this.

What ever happened to tire gate, never really followed it ? Big names too and main event win ?

Lastly, if this was a non regular USAC racer who won, and didn't know the rules, you think USAC would give them a pass ?

Fan of both Brady, Moles and 19 team, but a bit disappointed at them ( I guess if u ain't cheating, ur not trying ) BUT MORE DISAPPOINTED WITH USAC. What more evidence do they need ?

Forgot about gambling, could somebody pursue civil action if the sanctioning body knowingly allowed certain teams to violate/break a rule. What does the rulebook state if a team violates a rule ?

Apologies if USAC has already addressed this.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
7/2/24, 4:40 PM   #56
The Old Coyote

"Forgot about gambling, could somebody pursue civil action if the sanctioning body knowingly allowed certain teams to violate/break a rule."

Interesting point, now that USAC has gambling. What if USAC disqualifies both cars, takes away their prize money and points?

What will the bookie do about all the money was that was won and lost with the change in standings.

What a can of worms.

5 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, fourteen fan, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier
7/3/24, 12:03 AM   #57
Hubie48

You know, I never considered "Dirt Draft." Oh My Lord!

Points and Prize Money? Just Points? I figure just points which would be a fair penalty IMO.

Jeez I really can't stand "Dirt Draft" this is another reason not to like it.

1 member likes this post: RacingFan52
7/3/24, 7:10 AM   #58
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

As far as I know Tire gate was proven just that. That the original lab results were flawed. They spent a ton of money and time to prove that. Two owners told me that.

As far as this thing I got no idea. It it weights or is it the plate that you can mount weight into?

7/3/24, 10:16 AM   #59
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
As far as I know Tire gate was proven just that. That the original lab results were flawed. They spent a ton of money and time to prove that. Two owners told me that.

As far as this thing I got no idea. It it weights or is it the plate that you can mount weight into?
The owners and drivers I spoke with have a vastly different opinions than those two owners. Remember when Ballou was complaining at Lawrenceburg last year about the winner's tires? Is it a coincidence that the same driver was one of those that "failed" the tire test by said rogue lab? Probably not, but I don't drink the Kool Aid either.

7/3/24, 11:15 AM   #60
The Old Coyote

SPOILER ALERT! THIS IS SATIRE!

The Setting: USAC office in Speedway, Indiana

Those attending: Various USAC officials and Guido Sarducci, aka "The Hammer", representing the sports books affiliated with USAC.

USAC officials discuss disqualifying Bacon & Moles for illegal weight during last Fridays race and "The Hammer" says, "Whatta you a mean a changna resulta lasa Friday? You canna do dat, I breaka you face".

3 members like this post: nodramazone20, oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon