IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fuel Tank Mounting
10/25/24, 4:28 PM   #11
Re: Fuel Tank Mounting
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I kinda thought it was nut inserts in the tank….my opinion coming from 50 years of doing mechanic work no way I’d trust those with anything on a race car.
Yep

Tim Simmons

1 member likes this post: dirtlover
10/25/24, 4:59 PM   #12
Re: Fuel Tank Mounting
sp6967

the best thing to keep the tanks on the cars is to put fenders over the tires. as we all know the most dangerous thing is when two open wheel cars make contact with each other's wheels, that's when the real trouble starts. fenders would definitely cut back on the cars flipping and tanks coming off. everyone has ideas on what to do, but we all know that fenders would solve most problems. i know people will blast me for this idea. but before that starts let's remember back when people thought roll cages were a bad idea, hmmmm. people will say if you put fenders on them, they're no longer a sprint car. isn't a safe race for drivers and fans better?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fuel Tank Mounting