IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Crowd
6/7/24, 5:38 PM   #31
Re: Burg Crowd
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

My concern is not to demonize Flo but how to make it better for all involved.

I mean if true what Perris said that they loose 400 fans a night and some phone streamed video since they quit shows he stands a lot fuller Given Perris charges parking and a little more for everything that's easily 25-30k a night. He also said Flo was paying him 1K a race. Do the math, I don't know what USAC gets and how much of it they use toward purses.

Tracks are closing by the dozen. A track like Burg, Haubstadt and a few others can hold bigger events. But not if there not here anymore. And if something like weds happens. There's only one real loser now isn't there? Yet everyone gets paid and everyone gets to see it anyway.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/7/24 at 5:41 PM.

1 member likes this post: Blacki-Suede
6/7/24, 5:49 PM   #32
kendirt

I prefer to hope that Flo saved the night for the promoter. All the people who weren't going to risk travel that watched from home.

I know what the Perris guy says. Anyone else notice he seems to be the only one? Whether he has a unique demographic or made a bad deal with Flo I don't know. I do know that neither myself or anyone on this board has access to the actual numbers.

What I do know is that some tracks local to me stream every night they race and have for four-five years. If it was a loser for them they would have stopped a long time ago.

6/7/24, 6:31 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Several of the USAC/CRA tracks quit having Flo Stream Not just Perris.
They'll still stream em though at full gate price. per Loud pedal or another.

Come to think of it. Ive not seen many USAC East Coast on Flo either. The one that was at Port Royal was part of another series headlining. and one hell of a race.

I''ll also go one further. That the midget fan base in indiana is probably one tenth what it was forty years ago. Not much exposure without other orgs runing them like Cora and Namars. to give each track more than one race a year..
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/7/24 at 6:43 PM.

6/8/24, 7:23 AM   #34
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Several of the USAC/CRA tracks quit having Flo Stream Not just Perris.
They'll still stream em though at full gate price. per Loud pedal or another.

Come to think of it. Ive not seen many USAC East Coast on Flo either. The one that was at Port Royal was part of another series headlining. and one hell of a race.

I''ll also go one further. That the midget fan base in indiana is probably one tenth what it was forty years ago. Not much exposure without other orgs runing them like Cora and Namars. to give each track more than one race a year..
Also I believe the Usac fan base is an older crowd.And we are losing these fans every year.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
6/8/24, 7:42 AM   #35
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Also I believe the Usac fan base is an older crowd.And we are losing these fans every year.

Yeah, but it's kinda always been that way.

I will say that at the HL Race there was a bunch of kids. Rico and Larson have a huge following. Rico especially. Something I normally wouldn't pay attention too. But over there in turn two, It was noticeable the number of kids there. A LOT!

Also a ton more of those 15 dollar six pack beers buyers in attendance.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/8/24 at 7:43 AM.

6/8/24, 9:16 AM   #36
Rpracing1

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racenut69, RacingFan52
6/8/24, 10:50 AM   #37
Fat RR

Just wanna say Shane Mchenry deserves a huge thanks from all the fans, for, what had to be a lot of hard work to get the show in, and losing money in the process. As far as Flo, yes its way more convenient to sit home in your jammies and watch, but theres nothing like being at the track with the sound, smells, excitement!

6/8/24, 10:50 AM   #38
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
My concern is not to demonize Flo but how to make it better for all involved.

I mean if true what Perris said that they loose 400 fans a night and some phone streamed video since they quit shows he stands a lot fuller Given Perris charges parking and a little more for everything that's easily 25-30k a night. He also said Flo was paying him 1K a race. Do the math, I don't know what USAC gets and how much of it they use toward purses.

Tracks are closing by the dozen. A track like Burg, Haubstadt and a few others can hold bigger events. But not if there not here anymore. And if something like weds happens. There's only one real loser now isn't there? Yet everyone gets paid and everyone gets to see it anyway.
It isn't about one particular streaming service, whether it be Dirt Vision, Flo or something else.

Some tracks individually stream, I doubt it's making them a fortune. It probably isn't costing them much to do it either, one camera and 50 buck to the camera guy, use the track PA as your voice feed and you're ready to go. It probably isn't costing them a great deal of fans, and the promoter can use the stream to leverage sponsors. But the local stream is generally under the promoter's control.

No so for the larger streaming services, whose agreements are with the sanctioning bodies, not the individual track promoter.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Crowd