IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Grain Valley, Mo Friday night feature
7/11/11, 2:43 PM   #1
Grain Valley, Mo Friday night feature
oldfan49

Traditional sprints are making a comback in Mo. thanks to this track

Can't wait for the USAC show there Aug 14th

Last edited by oldfan49; 7/11/11 at 2:45 PM.

2 members like this post: SpfldMile, Sprint63122
7/11/11, 5:25 PM   #2
Re: Grain Valley, Mo Friday night feature
stroud21

How long have they been running non wing there? is it a weekly deal? I hadn't heard anything about it, but i used to like running a midget at that track.

Steve

7/11/11, 6:21 PM   #3
chillyrn

Hopefully the show is a success on Aug 14th and USAC will come back. It is a racy track and I would think would be a perfect fit for a USAC sprint and USAC/POWRi midget co-sanction double-header -- maybe on a Fri or Sat night next summer.

7/11/11, 7:41 PM   #4
oldfan49

Last year he ran 305's, 2 weeks with wings then 2 weeks wingless.(he runs a fendered car program on sat. Nights as well.)

This year it is an open motor sprint class, non wing every week with I think a 40 hardness right rear. There are 305's, 360's and 410's there each week. Once a month they run a 40 lap main with a pit stop on lap 20 on the front stretch. ( no tire changes). Fans love this and line the fence.

He also runs 600's every week and 1200's about every other week. He rotates a vintage class and mod lites every other week as well.
One of the nights each month the 600's and 1200's also take off the wings for a totally wingless show.

They have a totally wingless "Weld Family Memorial" special in September as well

It has been slow building this open wheel wingless friday show in winged country but the promoter and a few of us trying to help build it up are not giving up.

7/12/11, 12:39 AM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Great race. Thanks for the video. I'll have to try to make it there.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Grain Valley, Mo Friday night feature