IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
fasster23 (Offline)
  #1 5/20/15 7:25 PM
Putting together a 410 with 2 7/16 Hilborn Inj. using only down nozzles, -10 heads & fresh Waterman 450 pump. I'm trying to figure out nozzle size. I'll use Hilborn numbers for easy reference, I've been told anything from 14-18. I realize that you can push the same amount of fuel through a smaller nozzle and achieve better atomization (within reason) while taxing your fuel pump more. A Hilborn 14 is equivalent to a Kinsler 560. 16 is equivalent to a 620. I'm leaning toward a 16AS just thought I'd ask here before pulling the trigger. Thanks.
red70racer (Offline)
  #2 5/20/15 7:31 PM
I would call Don at Hilborn, very customer service oriented, I called him a bunch when I built my ecotec. He's also been there for my sprint car. He's a little cranky but he'll set you right
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #3 5/20/15 8:24 PM
Running a similar set up. Per Daryl Saucer I am running Kinsler 510 nozzles.
fasster23 (Offline)
  #4 5/22/15 7:00 PM
Thanks Jeff. I've spoke to Don. He was helpful with my questions. Good luck at Lincoln.
fasster23 (Offline)
  #5 5/22/15 7:02 PM
Originally Posted by hairracer44:
Running a similar set up. Per Daryl Saucer I am running Kinsler 510 nozzles.
I've heard the name Daryl Saucer. Is he an engine builder? A 510 seems small. Are you running a big fuel pump to withstand the fuel pressure? Thanks
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #6 5/22/15 9:44 PM
Originally Posted by fasster23:
I've heard the name Daryl Saucer. Is he an engine builder? A 510 seems small. Are you running a big fuel pump to withstand the fuel pressure? Thanks
Daryl owns DSR Fuel pumps. Yes I have a fresh rebuilt pump flowing well but we all know everyone has a different combination to get similar results. If you have someone like Daryl close that has the equipment to flow your pump and entire system on a flow machine they should be able to get you the right combo.