IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need clarification Jerry Vickers
12/18/07, 7:56 AM   #1
Need clarification Jerry Vickers
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Jerry *Duck* Vickers was a long time Staab team member and recently has been on Nick Nabors crew.

This incident sounds like him http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...70323/-1/CINCI

Hope he's ok and well wishes, That was a close call

12/18/07, 10:36 AM   #2
Re: Need clarification Jerry Vickers
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 52
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Jerry *Duck* Vickers was a long time Staab team member and recently has been on Nick Nabors crew.

This incident sounds like him http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...70323/-1/CINCI

Hope he's ok and well wishes, That was a close call
Chuck,
I'm 99.9% sure that is the "Duck" that helped out the Dog (Staab) for many years, I'll find out for sure tonight when I head up to the G&N Racing garage. While "Duck" spends summers helping Nick Naber and the Billy Jarrell #22 gang, he is an avid hunter and spends fall and winter sitting in tree stands and on the lake. He is very lucky to survive that fall into the water!!
I e-mailed Staab the story yesterday.

Jerry "Duck" Vickers, Nick's wife, Nick and Nick III

ON EDIT.............
Heard from someone who spoke with "Duck" this morning. Jerry is bruised badly from struggling to get in the boat and later pull himself onto a tree out in the water. Says he wanted to go hunting this morning but his wife wouldn't let him.
The Duckster is one TOUGH S.O.B.!!!

12/18/07, 3:02 PM   #3
Re: Need clarification Jerry Vickers
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im all for pursuing your passions but rivers at or above flood stage like they are now are nothing to mess with. Lucky some other crazies came by! That river in that area is known for rip tides and quicksand like mud. I know he's been around. Just glad he's gonna be ok! Good guy!

Get well Jerry! See you at the track!
Chuck

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need clarification Jerry Vickers