Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Enlighten Me
9/16/24, 3:34 PM   #11
Re: Enlighten Me
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
I'll be amazed if the Oct TH Silver Crown race is done by nine. Especially now with modifieds being added. One can only hope.
I'll be surprised if it isn't cancelled ahead of time. The Sumar has had a history of not running about as much as it has run.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
9/16/24, 4:01 PM   #12
cowboyhar69

Bill Hopton and his group T.H.A.T. started the Sunday night racing at Terre Haute back in the mid in late 90s when they were the promotion team. He told me back then the reason they did that was because they didn’t want to step on the local tracks toes that ran Friday and Saturday night. Sunday night is hard because most have to work on Monday, you also have NFL football to compete against. Saturday night, October 5 is an $8000 to win non-wing Midwest sprint race at Haubstadt. Not sure if Spiker is part of that promotional group or not. You also have to consider that you’re dealing with the fairgrounds board and there may be something else going on Saturday, October 5th at the fairgrounds.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99
9/16/24, 6:28 PM   #13
flagboy55

Great insight Tim, and I believe you nailed it. LPS is running Friday, and I wasn’t aware of the Haubstadt race which is probably why LPS is running Friday. But to me, we continue to lament the the fact THAT seems to be barely hanging on and this is an obvious conundrum. I’m hoping if Joe continues to run the place we might get a Saturday or two next year as he probably has the most popular neighbor. I still say the first Saturday of Sprint week should be there

4 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Dale, Grocery Guy, luckybuc97
9/17/24, 10:42 AM   #14
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Great insight Tim, and I believe you nailed it. LPS is running Friday, and I wasn’t aware of the Haubstadt race which is probably why LPS is running Friday. But to me, we continue to lament the the fact THAT seems to be barely hanging on and this is an obvious conundrum. I’m hoping if Joe continues to run the place we might get a Saturday or two next year as he probably has the most popular neighbor. I still say the first Saturday of Sprint week should be there
I definitely think you would get a better car count if Terre Haute was the first race of Sprint week. If I remember correctly it’s always the 1st or 2nd race of the second week.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, PIT CART
9/17/24, 11:39 PM   #15
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprits fan 11 View Post
The promoter runs Putnamville Saturday. Friday night could of been better not sure if fair board allows that. Sunday night not any good either. After the spring Maverick race would of thought they would of learned. It is just a tough sell with wings race and not knowing who will show up. Should of had an entry list days before the race. If not many drivers entered by X date then cancel it so people don't waste there time for nothing.
But is the SUMAR race being promoted by Joe Spiker? The flyer posted on FB says the SUMAR race at Terre Haute is a USAC promoted event. So is Joe Spiker still the promoter at Terre Haute? There was virtually no promotion that I saw for the Maverick Sprints event that got cancelled.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Enlighten Me