IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell
11/5/07, 10:46 AM   #11
Re: Sammy Swindell
Glad Brad

Flipping the bird? Petey, have you ever heard of another driver flipping the bird at someone? I have seen examples posted on the message board. Please elaborate on how Kevin has been a "major disappointment" to you.

Kevin Swindell drove his butt off Thursday night - passed Casey Shuman on the last lap and ran everyone clean as a whistle. At least, that is what I saw on the video.

11/5/07, 10:49 AM   #12
Glad Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhubbard View Post
Heard that Sammy Swindell has been suspended from USAC forever for actions at Perris last night, is that true.
How long is "forever"? Is this similar to "Double-Secret Probation" for Delta House?

11/5/07, 11:01 AM   #13
thebus79h

The way I read it, Sammy saw Daron going after Kevin, correct?

If so, I'll give Sammy more respect for standing up for his kid. Even if Kevin was in the wrong (which he probably was). I'm not a Kevin Swindell fan, but am a huge Sammy Swindell fan.

Just a question that will surely get this topic really going. Why is it ok for Jack Hewitt to do this sort of stuff (punch people, hold up races, cuss them out, and more), but yet Sammy cannot without being a dirty rotten *******? Just a question that I've pondered since reading this post.

11/5/07, 11:09 AM   #14
Heromaker

It was Kevin that got suspended for the rest of the Sprint Car season. And for the guy that said he didn't see Kevin touch anyone wasn't at Perris when he parked Ripper on Thursday and dumped Clayton on Saturday.

11/5/07, 11:19 AM   #15
Glad Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heromaker View Post
It was Kevin that got suspended for the rest of the Sprint Car season. And for the guy that said he didn't see Kevin touch anyone wasn't at Perris when he parked Ripper on Thursday and dumped Clayton on Saturday.
No sir. I was not at Perris. Just watched a video clip of the Thursday night "A".

Where were all the fans Thursday night? The grandstands looked like a ghost town.

11/5/07, 11:21 AM   #16
Glad Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post

If so, I'll give Sammy more respect for standing up for his kid. Even if Kevin was in the wrong (which he probably was). I'm not a Kevin Swindell fan, but am a huge Sammy Swindell fan.

Just a question that will surely get this topic really going. Why is it ok for Jack Hewitt to do this sort of stuff (punch people, hold up races, cuss them out, and more), but yet Sammy cannot without being a dirty rotten *******? Just a question that I've pondered since reading this post.
Great question. Jack "Do It" Hewitt showed the "fist" on several occassions. Mostly when Message Boards were non-existent. Fans revel in Jack's behavior and loathe Sammy for it. Double standard I would say.

11/5/07, 11:29 AM   #17
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad Brad View Post
Great question. Jack "Do It" Hewitt showed the "fist" on several occassions. Mostly when Message Boards were non-existent. Fans revel in Jack's behavior and loathe Sammy for it. Double standard I would say.
Probably just a different "era". The politically correctness some people feel we must follow today dictates that everyone act "nice" and don't offend anyone or hurt thier feelings. I don't buy into it though.

11/5/07, 11:33 AM   #18
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post

JMO but Jack would probably have let Cody finish what Cody started. Also, when Jack ran over people he admitted it. I think the bandwagon started during sprint week when Swindell got hung up on top of another driver and tried to bulldoze his way off to keep from stopping a forward motion. I would imagine the kid is under a tremendous amount of pressure being Sammys boy and all, that probably plays into some of this scrutiny. Remember one thing, while Sammy is a racing icon hes still just good ole boy from TN at heart thus tempers will flare.

11/5/07, 11:47 AM   #19
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

I Could Have Used Something Like %$#%^^* If Thats What You Want

11/5/07, 11:50 AM   #20
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

[QUOTE=
I COULD HAVE USED SOMETHING LIKE :censor: :censor: IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT. :headbang:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell