IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Press release...
8/11/09, 4:29 PM   #11
Re: Press release...
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll just pray for Sam and Rose's good health and leave the Bull to the teams and org.

Chuck, who's enjoyed a lot of racin from a club started by Sam

8/11/09, 5:18 PM   #12
nonwingnit

[QUOTE=john3g-------
Thank you for your concerns....This is all I'm going to say on this subject because this has NOTHING to do with the topic and it is not directed to anyone that isn't running or going to run with SCORA.This post is for our guys and not computer racers. I reply and post as honestly as I can.I do it strait up with my name at the bottom unlike most on here.I don't back away from the hard questions or comments.I type how I feel and what I see.I try to give my reasons for why I feel a certain way and I won't hide anything that I know to be true.If it's hear-say then I say that is and if I have facts I lay it out.Most of you have NO clue what goes on past the grandstands and thats fine but I feel everyone should know and see whats happening on both sides. So if I offend I'm sorry but what you see is what you get. get.John Gurley[/QUOTE]

I am just going to add these last thoughts then let it go. You state that "this has nothing to do with the topic" actually it does. When you end your "press release" with "let the bashing begin" in an antagonistic way challenging people to argue with you you bring this negativity upon yourself. When you announce yourself as the race director for the series in this post and an official in other posts you are associating your views with the series. Plain and simple - you don't see rob klepper getting on here crying about the teams that don't support them or the track promoters that aren't up to par. Why? He's got more respect for his series than that.

You say that this post is for the guys that have supported and not computer racers? Then get a scora website and post it there like other series do, when you posted that on this board you were looking for a response - otherwise it wouldn't have included that challenging antagonistic comment.

And you're right - what you see is what you get. And what I see is someone that is the spokesperson of a series blaming everyone and their brother for their current situation. I see someone who is going to take their own views as the gospel truth rather than be open minded and understanding that it takes more than just drivers and cars to be successful. You can have all the cars in the world show up to run your series but if promoters think your going to ***** about them and fans think you don't know from race to race what the rules are going to be then you won't get anyone to run all those cars or come see them.

I see a series official that lacks professionalism and tact when posting a message for the fans, drivers and teams that may choose to support your series. I'm guessing that's what i'll get if chose to spend my money to see your series. But you're right you don't need us "computer racers" our money spent at the track has no impact on the success of your series (sarcasm intended).

Good luck to the guys that run with you. I hope you voicing your own opinion gets you all the support you feel has been denied of you.
I have friends that are members of the media i'll be sure to pass your "press release" on to them.

Greg
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: pgray, SHORTBUS
8/11/09, 5:40 PM   #13
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post
I am just going to add these last thoughts then let it go. You state that "this has nothing to do with the topic" actually it does. When you end your "press release" with "let the bashing begin" in an antagonistic way challenging people to argue with you you bring this negativity upon yourself. When you announce yourself as the race director for the series in this post and an official in other posts you are associating your views with the series. Plain and simple - you don't see rob klepper getting on here crying about the teams that don't support them or the track promoters that aren't up to par. Why? He's got more respect for his series than that.

You say that this post is for the guys that have supported and not computer racers? Then get a scora website and post it there like other series do, when you posted that on this board you were looking for a response - otherwise it wouldn't have included that challenging antagonistic comment.

And you're right - what you see is what you get. And what I see is someone that is the spokesperson of a series blaming everyone and their brother for their current situation. I see someone who is going to take their own views as the gospel truth rather than be open minded and understanding that it takes more than just drivers and cars to be successful. You can have all the cars in the world show up to run your series but if promoters think your going to ***** about them and fans think you don't know from race to race what the rules are going to be then you won't get anyone to run all those cars or come see them.

I see a series official that lacks professionalism and tact when posting a message for the fans, drivers and teams that may choose to support your series. I'm guessing that's what i'll get if chose to spend my money to see your series. But you're right you don't need us "computer racers" our money spent at the track has no impact on the success of your series (sarcasm intended).

Good luck to the guys that run with you. I hope you voicing your own opinion gets you all the support you feel has been denied of you.
I have friends that are members of the media i'll be sure to pass your "press release" on to them.

Greg
Posted via Mobile Device
We will do the best we can without your support.Thank you for your kind words and the best of luck in your racing ventures.
Last edited by john3g; 8/11/09 at 5:46 PM.

8/11/09, 6:29 PM   #14
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
I am attempting to contact all of the SCORA team owners and drivers. If you have not been contacted it’s because I do not have any contact info on you
Mr. Gurley
Are you sure that you have exhausted all easy means of contacting these people?

Tim Simmons

8/11/09, 6:38 PM   #15
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Good luck with this, I hope you have more cars there than Chandler

8/11/09, 7:13 PM   #16
RACER99W

Korey Weyant 99w will be there!

8/11/09, 7:30 PM   #17
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer99w View Post
korey weyant 99w will be there!
outstanding!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
Good luck with this, I hope you have more cars there than Chandler
It's looking good so far..

8/11/09, 7:47 PM   #18
lbudde5

how about we open up the tire rule to allow American Racer MC-3 right now since Hoosier is not giving the series any money??

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Or is Hoosier actually giving the series money and the drivers and owners do not know about it??

8/11/09, 8:02 PM   #19
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbudde5 View Post
how about we open up the tire rule to allow American Racer MC-3 right now since Hoosier is not giving the series any money??

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Or is Hoosier actually giving the series money and the drivers and owners do not know about it??
Have Craig give me a call and I will be glad to go over the tire deal with him or any other registered SCORA car owner.Thank you for your input.

8/11/09, 8:30 PM   #20
ramracing77

I think the rule changes for Charleston seem fair to me Jhon. I hope to see at least 14 steel blockers at Charleston simply because like I told you earlier, we didn't need aluminum block cars in the beginning and I think the rule change was a little to pre-mature. I can only hope other steel block teams see it the same!! I can tell you that the #77 and the #44 car will be there.On another note, I would like to send a public apology to Antony Leohr and his team for the behavior of my team and most of all myself!! To all teams there supporting SCORA I apologize for representing our series so poorly. Sincerely, Joe Varvel #44.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Press release...