IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather/Eldora
4/9/09, 2:10 PM   #51
Re: Weather/Eldora
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 52
Race Count Last Year: 51

Bits and pieces of the most recent USAC generated E-mail regarding racing at Eldora this weekend.

USAC RACING UPDATE – APRIL 9, 2009

THIS WEEK’S RACES

Friday, April 10:
Rossburg, Ohio USAC National Sprint Cars - “Coca Cola Spring Classic” at Eldora Speedway

Saturday, April 11:
Rossbuirg, Ohio USAC National Sprint Cars - “Coca Cola Spring Classic” at Eldora Speedway

This weekend opens the Midwestern calendar for the USAC National Sprint Car Series with back-to-back races at Eldora Speedway Friday and Saturday.

WEATHER: If weather becomes an issue for a USAC event this weekend, we will have a 12:00 (noon) update via this email channel on the scheduled race day.

TIMETABLES: Eldora Speedway (Friday & Saturday)

Registration – 3 pm; Gates Open – 3:30 pm
Drivers Meeting – 5:15 pm, Practice – 6 pm

4/9/09, 3:32 PM   #52
Pine

I'm Throwing in the towel for Eldora this weekend:redflag:. Have fun to all at the Big E.

Back to the same old chit for me, Grove Fri. Lincoln Sat:crying:

Try next weekend Gas City's Opener and USAC @ Lawrenceburg:thumb (get to work Dave:O

P.S...Tim Watson we'll have a few at another event...
Aero, you better sip the rest of that Yeungling until next weekend..
Last edited by Pine; 4/9/09 at 3:48 PM.

4/9/09, 3:55 PM   #53
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Do you think Gas City or Bloomington might make it if Eldora cancels? I just thought if one track gets it all 3 of them will.

Thanks Mud Packer. We will keep our fingers crossed. We could wait until Friday 7am our time and still make it by 3pm or so but we like to leave around 2 or 3am to avoid any traffic.
Tim we are suppose to have heavy rain starting tonight and running into Friday, sunny and fifty for Saturday, I can P.M. my cell phone if you want to give me a call thru the night as I will be up all night.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com

4/9/09, 4:33 PM   #54
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Tim we are suppose to have heavy rain starting tonight and running into Friday, sunny and fifty for Saturday, I can P.M. my cell phone if you want to give me a call thru the night as I will be up all night.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
Thank you very much Jerry. Any opinions anybody? Right now i'm almost thinking of throwing in the towel like Pine.

4/9/09, 4:44 PM   #55
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I'm Throwing in the towel for Eldora this weekend:redflag:. Have fun to all at the Big E.

Back to the same old chit for me, Grove Fri. Lincoln Sat:crying
Pine, don't forget ARDC is at Susky Saturday! I know you hate Fisher, but this is the only time ARDC will run Susky at night this entire year. I see it as a must.

4/9/09, 4:56 PM   #56
Onlydirt

I picked Rain, Rain, Rain for my fantasy picks on Friday....that help you any Tim? :cheers

4/9/09, 5:03 PM   #57
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
Pine, don't forget ARDC is at Susky Saturday! I know you hate Fisher, but this is the only time ARDC will run Susky at night this entire year. I see it as a must.
Thats 10 minutes from the house and I have a hard time giving that SOB my money. I'll have to see whats at Lincoln, but that IS an option. Maybe We will see ya there:thumb.

4/9/09, 5:29 PM   #58
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
I picked Rain, Rain, Rain for my fantasy picks on Friday....that help you any Tim? :cheers
That seems like a safe bet at this point. Check back on the Eldora website, they should have an update any minute now.

4/9/09, 6:35 PM   #59
kawkaw2

Anyone know if they rainout Friday, which looks like a good bet, will they have the HARF/DARF discount promotion on Saturday's Race?

4/9/09, 6:48 PM   #60
midgy

From Eldora's website:

APRIL 9 - 5:00 pm

At this time, all systems are still GO for the April 10th opening night of the Coca-Cola Spring Classic featuring USAC Sprint Cars. We are aware of the Friday forecast and, like everyone else - are constantly monitoring weather reports and radar screens. We will update this message again at 9:30 am Friday.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather/Eldora