IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-winged Western World
11/21/10, 12:49 AM   #1
Non-winged Western World
ColoradoFan

Brady Bacon wins the Western World from 12th with a borrowed engine

Vern Plotts

6 members like this post: Danny Burton, IndyBound, Jimmydiesel, Mud Packer, racegal, skids59
11/21/10, 1:00 AM   #2
Re: Non-winged Western World
Jimmydiesel

Good show, go Brady!

11/21/10, 1:20 AM   #3
Jerry Shaw

That guy's a versatile driver. He's done good in several big wingless races this year. Plus, his second place ranking in the ASCS National points, after having very little winged racing experience coming into this year, is one of the bigger stories of this racing season, IMO.

It sounded like a hell of a race. The winner started 12th and had to pass Levi Jones to get the win, on a borrowed engine. And the 3rd place finisher started 15th.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 11/21/10 at 1:24 AM.

11/21/10, 2:45 AM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Very impressive show! Brady from 12th with the borrowed engine after his went boom on preliminary night. Levi 2nd from 10th after not getting to the track in time to run his heat on Thursday, coming from 9th to win the "B" and then 17th to 5th in the "A". Bud Kaeding did serious damage to his car on his preliminary night, started way back in his "B" tonight (not sure where because we couldn't hear the announcer), finished 2nd in the "B", started 17th in the "A" and drove to 3rd. After the race he said he needed a NASCAR yellow and might have had a chance. Also Shane Cottle from 9th to 5th. I believe there were 55 nonwing sprints and 64 wingers at USA Raceway this week. All in all, an excellent three nights of racing.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
11/21/10, 11:21 AM   #5
Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Very impressive show! Brady from 12th with the borrowed engine after his went boom on preliminary night. Levi 2nd from 10th after not getting to the track in time to run his heat on Thursday, coming from 9th to win the "B" and then 17th to 5th in the "A". Bud Kaeding did serious damage to his car on his preliminary night, started way back in his "B" tonight (not sure where because we couldn't hear the announcer), finished 2nd in the "B", started 17th in the "A" and drove to 3rd. After the race he said he needed a NASCAR yellow and might have had a chance. Also Shane Cottle from 9th to 5th. I believe there were 55 nonwing sprints and 64 wingers at USA Raceway this week. All in all, an excellent three nights of racing.
Sounds like a great show. Hope there will be video. I haven't been to the Tuscon track. Taking out the sentimental value of Manzanita, how does the racing compare?

11/21/10, 11:39 AM   #6
SpfldMile

I've seen where running wing and non wing on the same night will slick off the track terribly for the topless cars, but with four different leaders, at least it sounded like a very competitive show.

11/21/10, 10:07 PM   #7
ColoradoFan

Interesting observation, but I don't want to start the winged, non winged agrument.
The non-winged finishers started Bacon 12th, Jones 10th, Kaeding 17th. The winged cars Schatz 1st, Herrara 2nd, Lasoski 4th. Maybe the non-winged race should pay the $15K??

Vern Plotts

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter
11/22/10, 12:09 AM   #8
Non-Winged Western World......
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Frank...rite you are bout serious damage(junked) to Buds #16B Maxim on Thurs. nite!!...it was stripped and found later atop the Pit Shack!!...Sat. nites car was a roller that motor was installed in late Thurs/Fri....that Mike had campained this yr!!...and was just as potant as the new one was on Thurs!!...Great job by all on the Crew,to include Penn. Traveler Fran Hogue!!.............
Last edited by AustinSprinter; 11/22/10 at 1:54 PM. Reason: corrections.....

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
11/22/10, 12:28 AM   #9
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoFan View Post
Interesting observation, but I don't want to start the winged, non winged agrument.
The non-winged finishers started Bacon 12th, Jones 10th, Kaeding 17th. The winged cars Schatz 1st, Herrara 2nd, Lasoski 4th. Maybe the non-winged race should pay the $15K??

Vern Plotts
This makes about as much sense as playing basketball with a football.

11/22/10, 12:59 AM   #10
I Miss Manzy

Thought I'd watch "The Speed Report" tonight to see what,if any, coverage they'd have of the Western.It was pretty much as I expected.Everything you never wanted or needed to know about you know what. Then,about one minute (if that) of coverage featuring the finishes of the wing mains from all three nights. Not a word about our guys until the "Fast 5" when we saw BK tumbling down the backstretch. I turned on the DVD and watched Follow the Corn for the third time since I got home!

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, IndyBound
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-winged Western World