IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jennerstown Speedway
8/14/24, 12:43 PM   #1
Jennerstown Speedway
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Sorry to see that the IOW administration decided to close the thread on the Silver Crown race at Jennerstown, PA. Though the race apparently wasn't a classic, the speedway itself is top notch. As JJ said, it is right in the middle of a rural community that the whole area supports. You won't find a cleaner, well maintained track anywhere. Their admission prices are very affordable and the concessions are good quality with a fair price.

My hope is and USAC will give it another try for the Silver Crown cars. In talking to some of the drivers with the super modified series, ISMA/MSS, they mentioned that it is a challenging track and is tough to get a hold of. It presents the opportunity to sit up in the seat, elbows up and race the track and the competitors on the big 1/2 mile.

As a side note, I would highly recommend if you are considering heading out that way to catch a race, you consider a side trip to Stoytown, PA to visit the Flight 93 National Memorial. A very worthwhile trip to see how a number of American heroes stood up to the challenge of our freedom on that terrible day of 911. The memorial is excellent and very interactive. It tells the story of how that morning on Flight 93 took place and played out. We all remember the Twin Towers and the pictures and videos but this part of the story didn't receive near as much coverage as the rest due to how and where it happened.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, but I'm sure the administrator will slap my hands and tell me to lay off if I did. Jennerstown is a track that I will return to and maybe catch a Silver Crown show there next time.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5 members like this post: Bostonian, chris jockish, JJMooney, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, TQ29m
8/14/24, 1:23 PM   #2
Re: Jennerstown Speedway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Sorry to see that the IOW administration decided to close the thread on the Silver Crown race at Jennerstown, PA. Though the race apparently wasn't a classic, the speedway itself is top notch. As JJ said, it is right in the middle of a rural community that the whole area supports. You won't find a cleaner, well maintained track anywhere. Their admission prices are very affordable and the concessions are good quality with a fair price.

My hope is and USAC will give it another try for the Silver Crown cars. In talking to some of the drivers with the super modified series, ISMA/MSS, they mentioned that it is a challenging track and is tough to get a hold of. It presents the opportunity to sit up in the seat, elbows up and race the track and the competitors on the big 1/2 mile.

As a side note, I would highly recommend if you are considering heading out that way to catch a race, you consider a side trip to Stoytown, PA to visit the Flight 93 National Memorial. A very worthwhile trip to see how a number of American heroes stood up to the challenge of our freedom on that terrible day of 911. The memorial is excellent and very interactive. It tells the story of how that morning on Flight 93 took place and played out. We all remember the Twin Towers and the pictures and videos but this part of the story didn't receive near as much coverage as the rest due to how and where it happened.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, but I'm sure the administrator will slap my hands and tell me to lay off if I did. Jennerstown is a track that I will return to and maybe catch a Silver Crown show there next time.
USAC needs this track. It is very nice! Maybe some better date scheduling in the future.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, OnTheHammer, PIT CART
8/15/24, 7:25 PM   #3
jmamcd

I went to Jennerstown to see ISMA supermodifieds a couple of years ago. They ran their usual six division show, including intermission, before the feature for the supers. The checkered flag for the supers was at 11:45 PM and you could see in the background about 10% of the original crowd was still there. And it was the only time all year that they charged for parking. Never again for me.

8/16/24, 1:38 PM   #4
MDposse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamcd View Post
I went to Jennerstown to see ISMA supermodifieds a couple of years ago. They ran their usual six division show, including intermission, before the feature for the supers. The checkered flag for the supers was at 11:45 PM and you could see in the background about 10% of the original crowd was still there. And it was the only time all year that they charged for parking. Never again for me.
I wouldn't have done well with that either and if I had a first experience at a track like that, it would probably be my last. Last Saturday, we were pulling out of the parking lot at 9:35 after the Champ car race and 2 support class features before that. So, hopefully they've learned from previous mistakes. Definitely a cool place and unique setting. Nice brewery (Forbes Trail) right on 30 near Stoystown/Flight 30 as well.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jennerstown Speedway