IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silly Season Rumors....
12/11/07, 8:19 PM   #1
Silly Season Rumors....
HeAintThatGood

There have been some pretty good rumors flying around here the past few weeks. I have recently heard that Ballou and crew chief Jimmy Jones are headed to the Truckers Team, which left the door open at MPHG, and heard that Kevin Swindell will be running a full wing schedule with MPHG funding, along with select pavement events. Former BK Motorsports crewmen Matt and David Draskovic are now employed at Kasey Khane Racing, Matt taking the crew chief roll for Brad Sweet. The reason for their departure sounds like Bud has been hired to run the WoO tour with a "new team" that is basically the Wright One Construction car, headed up by Rob Hart. Also heard was that the Demon may be headed back west to drive the Crossno 38, and that Matt Neely could be in the running for the Pace Electronics operation. Cole Whitts daddy cut the big check to Keith Kunz and will be riding Bullets in sprint and midgets next year. Next year willl be pretty wild!

12/11/07, 8:55 PM   #2
Re: Silly Season Rumors....
Joe@ScaleSprints

SO where does that leave Weir? Back to Indiana?

12/11/07, 9:08 PM   #3
HeAintThatGood

I would imagine so, maybe to team up with Scott Benic.. I forgot this one, and am kinda scared to say anything cuz I dont think it is a done deal YET.. But Levi has been heavily rumored to be leaving TSR and going to the Walker 11. If this were to happen, it would be a free for all of drivers trying to get in at TSR, some good candidates would be, Jesse Hockett, Mike Spencer, Scotty Wier, Daren Hagen, Matt Neely, Casey Shuman, and Maybe even TK himself.. The one question that is for sure is who will turn the wrenches with Ole Bub going to the Pace 44.

12/11/07, 9:11 PM   #4
Honest-Sam

I wish more guys would get on here and post this kind of stuff. There's several more guys that I wonder about. I guess I'm just not patient enough to wait 'til April to see who's doin' what.:emote20:

12/11/07, 9:15 PM   #5
SprintFan

Quote:
If this were to happen, it would be a free for all of drivers trying to get in at TSR, some good candidates would be, Jesse Hockett, Mike Spencer, Scotty Wier, Daren Hagen, Matt Neely, Casey Shuman, and Maybe even TK himself..
I think TSR would prefer a driver that has experience in BOTH Sprints and Midgets and just not one or the other. I only see 1 of the drivers in your list that fits that catergory well, but not saying that the other 6 drivers couldn't do well in the midgets

12/11/07, 9:47 PM   #6
ThrottleHead

Why would Levi want to take a step or 2 backwards and leave TSR??? CAREER SUICIDE.

12/11/07, 9:52 PM   #7
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintFan View Post
I think TSR would prefer a driver that has experience in BOTH Sprints and Midgets and just not one or the other. I only see 1 of the drivers in your list that fits that catergory well, but not saying that the other 6 drivers couldn't do well in the midgets
I also think they would need to be proficient at both pavement and dirt as well. a quadruple threat using hollywood terms

Finding good dirt drivers here in Indiana is relatively easy. Finding someone who can run pavement becomes a little more difficult. Finding someone who can do both is almost impossible. Finding seat time to get good on dirt is pretty easy, finding seat time to get good on pavement is darn near impossible and very expensive.

Hopefully the Regional series will continue to grow and offer a place for our talented dirt drivers a place to learn their way on pavement.

I am working on a program that will hopefully, if all goes as planned will be able to give some of these young dirt studs an opportunity to run some pavement.

Right now I could count on one hand drivers who are proven winners at all of the disciplines it would take to compete for a TSR.

Knowing the obvious choices are already tied up for 08 I would look towards the west coast and get Ryan Kaplan back here. Ryan has won in Midgets dirt/pavement and sprints dirt/pavement as well as been up front in limited wing appearances and even has picked up a win in a formula something on the road course.

Tim

12/11/07, 10:32 PM   #8
Rex W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
Why would Levi want to take a step or 2 backwards and leave TSR??? CAREER SUICIDE.
Maybe what looks good on the outside ...isn't so good on the inside

12/11/07, 10:52 PM   #9
riskybrisky5

I spent alot of time with Levi at the PRI show and everything seemed to be the same for next year. I highly doubt that he will switch rides. He seems very happy where he is at. Also talked to Daryl Saucer and Damion Gardner at the PRI show and said they were together with the Lefler deal. Spent alot of time with the Truckers Team and never heard a word about Balou and Jimmy Jones coming over. I think most of these are just rumors.

12/11/07, 11:32 PM   #10
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

They are some pretty good ones thou.I might write some rumors in the near future,Do you need a big money ride Risky?I could pencil you in:headbang:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silly Season Rumors....