IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
NOSTINKINWINGS (Offline)
  #1 1/21/10 6:52 PM
While all the traditional biggies remain on the Eldora schedule,
the track will host a pair of unsanctioned nonwinged
sprint-car races in addition to two USAC dates.
safetyworker (Offline)
  #2 1/21/10 8:22 PM
I am confused...what is your point?
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #3 1/21/10 9:25 PM
Web site say's April 24 traditional sprints ( does not say c.i. spec) and on Oct 2 say's 410 sprints (does not say non-wing). I would guess this is what Economaki is talking about.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #4 1/21/10 10:14 PM
Also said that they purchased 2 video screens from the old Dallas football stadium and they will be installed in time for the 1st race.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
NOSTINKINWINGS (Offline)
  #5 1/21/10 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by safetyworker:
I am confused...what is your point?
When was the last non-sactioned sprint race? Mopar Million maybe?
Jimmydiesel (Offline)
  #6 1/22/10 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by NOSTINKINWINGS:
The thunder shows came after the million.
mscs20 (Offline)
  #7 1/22/10 3:20 AM
Originally Posted by NOSTINKINWINGS:
Last year we sort of had one.....SCORA, MTS, and the Waynesfield guys had a come to Jesus meeting there. Ballou won it and he didnt belong to any of them, nor did several others. I think MTS did award club points though. But everyone was welcomed.
98arpy (Offline)
  #8 1/22/10 7:25 AM
Last year we did run a non-sanctioned, non-winged race at Eldora.
Surprisingly, I think about 35 cars showed up.
This year we are doing 2 non-winged, 410 events.
The first is in April in conjucntion with Gas City and Waynesfield. A Friday, Saturday, Sunday deal.
The second weekend is in July with Gas City. Both of these events will be qualifying events for the next week's Jack Hewitt Classic at Waynesfield. Meaning the winner of these 2 features will be guaranteed a starting position in the Classic. Dean is adding two spots in the feature so they will not affect those that can't attend these events.
We believe we need to do our part to bring some new blood into Traditional Sprint Car racing.
The October event will be a non-sanctioned, winged 410 event inconjuction with the NRA 360's and Fremont/Attica 305's at the UNOH, "Sprintacular".
I hope this clears things up a little.
Larry
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #9 1/22/10 1:08 PM
Originally Posted by 98arpy:
Last year we did run a non-sanctioned, non-winged race at Eldora.
Surprisingly, I think about 35 cars showed up.
This year we are doing 2 non-winged, 410 events.
The first is in April in conjucntion with Gas City and Waynesfield. A Friday, Saturday, Sunday deal.
The second weekend is in July with Gas City. Both of these events will be qualifying events for the next week's Jack Hewitt Classic at Waynesfield. Meaning the winner of these 2 features will be guaranteed a starting position in the Classic. Dean is adding two spots in the feature so they will not affect those that can't attend these events.
We believe we need to do our part to bring some new blood into Traditional Sprint Car racing.
The October event will be a non-sanctioned, winged 410 event inconjuction with the NRA 360's and Fremont/Attica 305's at the UNOH, "Sprintacular".
I hope this clears things up a little.
Larry

What is the payout for those non-sanctioned/non-wing races?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #10 1/22/10 5:36 PM
I got a call from a surprising name that he is putting a car together for the April 24 show.