IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo on Sunday
10/22/07, 4:13 PM   #41
Re: Kokomo on Sunday
THracer19

Kyle Robbins was another car that was the class of the field. He started 21st and had made it up to 5th in 15 laps before being ran over. Had to restart in the back and still got a top ten.

10/22/07, 9:12 PM   #42
DICNJAN

For This Late In Oct. And We Got To Go Racing 2 Days In A Row. What More Can We Ask For.
I Stayed Till The Last Car Was Off The Track Sat Nite Or Sun Morning.
I Don't Like Indoor Racing So Its Just Basketball Till Next Year.
Thanks For All The O'conners Family Has Done At Kokomo.
Congradulation To Shane And Crew Great Weekend
Happy Birthday Shane
Dick & Jan

10/22/07, 11:25 PM   #43
bigmojo5

Despite the ruts on Saturday night, I thought it was good racing. Show just lasted too late. Who won the late model race? Had to leave befoe it was ran. I didn't go Sunday because of my three hour drive home and then stuff I need to do when I get there, plus have to be at work at 8:30 and able to think.
When I got to the track about 12:30 Saturday, the track surface looked saturated with water and much of the infield was standing in water. Even before qualifying was completed, ruts started working out all around the track, with the worst being in the fourth turn. The track was spongy just to walk on, and that was after qualifyng. I lost count of just how many flips there were Saturday night. (I got pctures of four of them.)
The evening MIGHT have gotten over more quickly if they had not stopped to rework the track, but thank God they did. It just might have taken longer as we continued to stop the racing to clean up the wrecks. The sheepsfoot was critical in this process, but even with the reworking the ruts started to re-emerge quickly. And, it started to get dusty at the end of the sprint feature, and three more features to go.
When I left the track Sunday morning, I knew that no matter what the track crew did someone was going to be unhappy. If they turned it and watered it heavily, the ruts might have worked out again. If they rolled it hard, it would get dusty. A no-win situtation for the track crew and management.
Maybe the only thing which could have been done about the track is to not have races on Sunday. Probably the only people that would have made happy were the poor residents of Kokomo trying to sleep when the races were still going at 1:15 a.m.
Jim Morrison

10/23/07, 9:16 AM   #44
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I had a GREAT time!! Kokomo Speedway, Shane Cottle and Dave Darland RULE!!!!:applaud:
It was really nice seeing everyone!! I got to meet Throttlehead (Don) and Kyle for the first time and see alot of great people again!! :thumb:
PS I still have dirt coming out of my eyes (not really)but I'll go back EVERY chance I get!! It was nice to see Jerry Spencer and all Dave's crew!! (The Blackduece crew and the Pace crew!!) A good time was had by all!

10/23/07, 3:14 PM   #45
Melmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
I had a GREAT time!! Kokomo Speedway, Shane Cottle and Dave Darland RULE!!!!:applaud:
It was really nice seeing everyone!! I got to meet Throttlehead (Don) and Kyle for the first time and see alot of great people again!! :thumb:
PS I still have dirt coming out of my eyes (not really)but I'll go back EVERY chance I get!! It was nice to see Jerry Spencer and all Dave's crew!! (The Blackduece crew and the Pace crew!!) A good time was had by all!
Now that sucks Racegal I didn't get to meet you!!! The only one I meet was Dave's wife but the bad part was she was getting ready to get mad at me until she found out who was setting behind her talking about Dave. :rolling:The next time you come to Kokomo you need to stop by I just live down the road for Dave!

Oh did you watch the COLTS win last night!!!:checkered:

10/23/07, 4:57 PM   #46
racegal

Darn!! Next time I'll look you up! I was sitting with Brenda in the stands on Saturday but you mean Sunday? No I didn't see the Colts game because I was on the road back home but I was sure glad to hear they kicked butt!! Sorry I missed you!! You live by Lincoln?

10/23/07, 9:42 PM   #47
Melmo

No but next to it Galveston!!!!

10/25/07, 10:44 AM   #48
racegal

Yep, that's pretty close!! We're neighbors!! (I'm still from there!!)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo on Sunday