IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Schedule
12/19/07, 9:18 PM   #1
USAC Schedule
Waynenz9

USAC has an interesting looking schedule this year,coming from downunder,great to see the Midgets very committed in August,on dirt,great time for a trip.
Chasing all that racing will take me to 5 States.
Planning board and road maps ready..!!!
But only one Sprintcar show on Pavement,pass..!!! and as yet no Silver Crown dirt dates.
To see the Sprintcars will have to stay for the 5th Sept Sprintcar,Midget meeting at Route 66 Raceway.

12/19/07, 9:26 PM   #2
Re: USAC Schedule
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynenz9 View Post
USAC has an interesting looking schedule this year,coming from downunder,great to see the Midgets very committed in August,on dirt,great time for a trip.
Chasing all that racing will take me to 5 States.
Planning board and road maps ready..!!!
But only one Sprintcar show on Pavement,pass..!!! and as yet no Silver Crown dirt dates.
To see the Sprintcars will have to stay for the 5th Sept Sprintcar,Midget meeting at Route 66 Raceway.
Wayne, if the Midget Week races are like this year you will see a doubleheader of midgets and sprints each night. Pencil in the dirt SC races for Springfield (Aug. 16) and Duquoin (Aug. 31). Just guesses but I'm confident of the dates. Also, the pavement race you refer to is Salem. If you have never been there you are doing yourself a disservice by not going. It is a great facility and the sprints are blinding fast on those hills.:thumb:

12/19/07, 9:40 PM   #3
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
Wayne, if the Midget Week races are like this year you will see a doubleheader of midgets and sprints each night. Pencil in the dirt SC races for Springfield (Aug. 16) and Duquoin (Aug. 31). Just guesses but I'm confident of the dates. Also, the pavement race you refer to is Salem. If you have never been there you are doing yourself a disservice by not going. It is a great facility and the sprints are blinding fast on those hills.:thumb:
This date is confirmed for sure.

12/20/07, 1:00 AM   #4
Racer12

Ok, let's be honest here, there are six tracks that run sprints on a weekly basis. You could be in Indiana on any given weekend between the months of April and October and see some of the best there are at what they do. Just pick one! Don't under estimate the quality of the weekly fields! JMHO

Bob Shutt

12/20/07, 7:34 PM   #5
Waynenz9

Thanks guys for the feedback,I will try and get to that Salem Sprintcar meeting,also will keep my fingers crossed for those SC dates,saw the SC Cars for the first time at Terre Haute in 2003,won by Yeley,awsome division,would be great to see them on the miles.
Western Springs here in Auckland has had 3 meetings so far,no 4 Boxing Night,the Midgets are putting on a great show,Pickens and Mosen hard charging along with Alach.

12/20/07, 9:09 PM   #6
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I would suggest trading up for a pit pass at DuQuoin. You only have to pay the difference between a reserved seat and the cost of the pit pass ($5 I think, perhaps someone can help me out here). You get to keep your reserved seat and also go into the pits. Not only do you get to see everyone up close, but you can get very close to the track. There is nothing like watching the dirt champ cars come into turn #3 and starting their powerslide. Some put on a great show during warmups and hot laps. One of my favorites is Levi Jones. You can count on him coming in hot with those front tires pointed about as far right as you can get them. Great place for photos.
Frank Daigh

12/20/07, 10:51 PM   #7
22az

i wish western states would go to hawii for a couple of races i know it would be expencive but i would be fun

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Schedule