IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Photographers in the infield at Kokomo?
1/4/08, 9:39 PM   #1
Photographers in the infield at Kokomo?
Joe@ScaleSprints

Does Kokomo still have the strict rules about the photographers in the infield? Looking to upgrade lenses and was hoping to be able to shoot there. Ayyone help me out?

1/4/08, 10:57 PM   #2
Re: Photographers in the infield at Kokomo?
ThrottleHead

I tried to get down there and unless you shoot for something they deem official (legit website, publication, etc) then you can't go down there.

1/5/08, 11:49 AM   #3
Shawn Harper

Hey Joe, if you know someone that works at the Sentinel maybe they could help you get some credentials. :nonwingfan:

1/5/08, 12:25 PM   #4
bigmojo5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Harper View Post
Hey Joe, if you know someone that works at the Sentinel maybe they could help you get some credentials. :nonwingfan:
From JIM MORRISON
Kokomo's policy has been posted on its website in recent years, but FYI -- they do not consider a website of any type as official media and do not grant credentials for them. When I shoot there, it is on credentials from publications such as Mid American or Hawkeye Racing News.

1/5/08, 1:41 PM   #5
RacinFool

Sounds like they are missing the boat on that one.......I believe sites with a positive spin and aid in getting the word out can be a valuble tool. I realize there are many negatives out there when it comes to message boards. But there are many sites that colaborate with different tracks in a very positive and helpful way.:thumb:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Photographers in the infield at Kokomo?