IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC and Co-Sanctioning
2/5/08, 10:01 PM   #1
USAC and Co-Sanctioning
Kevin Miller

After replying privately to some posts, I thought I would post the "official" USAC statement on co-sanctioned events. While I find very interesting reading in many posts claiming USAC stated they were not interested in co-sanctioned events at a recent Midget forum, I can assure you this was never a topic discussed during the meeting in question. Quite frankly, Jason Smith and I attended the meeting to LISTEN.

Recent activity in the scheduling of select co-sanctioned events has USAC as puzzled as others. We have never stated we do not support co-sanctioning.

For the record:

USAC endorses co-sanctioned events that preserve the integrity of our organization and safety for our teams and drivers.

Our role at the track is to provide exceptional and safe racing, leaving fans delighted. As we seek to continue enhancing the race experience for the paying customers, it is increasingly important for us to pay attention to "the little things" which add to the overall fan's experience.

Those of you monitoring these boards can appreciate the concern we have in rebuilding the USAC brand and restore the shine to our powerful shield. All USAC events, including co-sanctioned events carrying the USAC badge, are important to us as we rebuild our organizations credibility among fans. Therefore, it is extremely important to USAC to have an integral part of the event planning and race production to ensure the consistency and quality we desire.

With that said, we look forward to working with many organizations this year in growing open wheel racing, expanding our fan base, and providing dynamic racing.

Feel free to call...

Kevin Miller
CEO/President
USAC Racing

2/6/08, 11:29 AM   #2
Re: USAC and Co-Sanctioning
Pat O'Connor Fan

Thank you for clarifying USAC's position.

2/6/08, 2:34 PM   #3
Wolfe-e

The WolfPack Challenge will open our season with The USAC Sprints at Gas City on April 18th. Jiggs and I both thought that this would be good for everyone, especially the Fans... The WolfPack has always had great shows and competition and some of our Best has been at Gas City... The Pack has run with many different classes in the past, starting out last season with a 3 day swing with the Northern AllStar LateModels... Those 3 races pulled 154 cars and included not only the National Champion, Denny Schwartz but probably 15 or 20 of the top 25 drivers in the Nation... From the begining The WolfPack has had some of the Very Best Modified Drivers and Races in the Nation, Period.... Oh and Did I mention.......those are Open Wheel Modifieds and we are Proud of that fact.... I believe that our shows would go very well with the USAC Midgets as well. This would give not only the Fans a Great Show but would also be more affordable for the Tracks. Frankly, what I have seen is that the overall cost of a Sprint, Midget USAC Double header can generally kill the deal for the tracks. Not always of course but this would provide a good Mix and offer Fans a Better Chance at seeing both classes.......Of course, thats just what I think, I'm sure there are many who disagree but from the Start I have tried to keep 3 things in mind. If you put something togather and its Good for the Drivers, hopefully it should be Good for the Fans and that should make a Profit for the Tracks....... If it does a Good Job at all 3 of those things, then for the most part, they will say your Lucky.... and we have been........ Wolfe-e

2/6/08, 10:19 PM   #4
Tim Watson

I'm looking forward to the USAC, Badger shows here in the land of cheese! :checkered:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC and Co-Sanctioning