IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ricky Stenhouse Jr going to Manzy, plus...
2/8/08, 9:01 AM   #1
Ricky Stenhouse Jr going to Manzy, plus...
uncleD

Ricky Stenhouse Jr will be racing with Ford power, for his old team, R.E Technoligies in the "Copper on the Dirt" Silver Crown race. He's also close to having a possible deal with a midget ride as well. Hope it works out for him.

Plus, www.arcaracing.com has some interesting news posted about him from Daytona. (Ricky turned the fastest lap in yesterdays practice and the only one out of the sixty+ entries to find the 184 mph mark)

2/8/08, 10:08 AM   #2
Re: Ricky Stenhouse Jr going to Manzy, plus...
samtheone

Go Ricky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/8/08, 12:07 PM   #3
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleD View Post
Ricky Stenhouse Jr will be racing with Ford power, for his old team, R.E Technoligies in the "Copper on the Dirt" Silver Crown race.
Is this one of those deals we've seen many times before where some mechanical genious manages to mate Chevy-style heads to a Ford short block?:O: I think this may have been the case last February. Hewitt's deal with Ford had some strange-looking "Fords" during the early portion of their deal. I remember Bubby Jones and Greg Staab, among others, running Chevy engines in sprint cars with the big blue oval proudly displayed on their hoods.
BTW, it doesn't matter what powerplant is under the hood; Ricky is sure fun to watch !

2/8/08, 4:02 PM   #4
Moses

It's too bad that Ford Racing deems it's not worth their time to develop a sprint car engine, nor give open wheel racing the same attention that Mopar, Chevy, and now Toyota are giving it.

I noticed last year that the Silver Crown wasn't Ford powered, but I'm sure with Carl Edwards, there might be some contractual stuff that keeps the blue oval on the car.

Sad thing is, Ford does have a pretty good engine in the silver crowns. It won a couple championships with Bob East.

Hopefully this year the car will have an oval on top of, and below the hood as well.

As I've said before, in the world of sprint cars, it ain't easy being Ford blue.

Getting back to the original topic, it was fun watching Stenhouse put together such an impressive run during last year's show at Manzy.

I think he just may win some big races before he retires. ;-)

2/8/08, 5:32 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
Is this one of those deals we've seen many times before where some mechanical genious manages to mate Chevy-style heads to a Ford short block?:O: I think this may have been the case last February. Hewitt's deal with Ford had some strange-looking "Fords" during the early portion of their deal. I remember Bubby Jones and Greg Staab, among others, running Chevy engines in sprint cars with the big blue oval proudly displayed on their hoods.
BTW, it doesn't matter what powerplant is under the hood; Ricky is sure fun to watch !

Staab had both, A chevy and a ford, The ford was a experiment as Stenger (Being a Ford Dealer) did not like sponsoring chevy power. Sometimes Staab would qualify both cars in one night. Depending on the track conditions. If it was slick, the ford would dust the chevy. Tacky Chevy would be run.

Something happened to the motor from some mistake made somewhere but I think Daryl Herbert Also BUF Racing sponsored also had one of the ford experiements.

This is a pic of Staab's Chevy which was sponsored by Stengers Truck Center, Not Ford. http://www.fscpictorial.com/r/g128/g128-05.html

Chuck

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ricky Stenhouse Jr going to Manzy, plus...