IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
throb (Offline)
  #1 2/11/08 10:56 PM
what dirt track would you consider to be the most succussful? taking car counts, fan attendance, promotion, special events so on and so on into consideration.........

Rob Botts
bobbyg45 (Offline)
  #2 2/11/08 11:06 PM
bloomington
agar (Offline)
  #3 2/11/08 11:10 PM
Car Count and Fan wise I would say Paragon
FishBurger (Offline)
  #4 2/11/08 11:12 PM
Unless you're limiting the choices to Indiana tracks, I'd have to think Eldora is near the top of the "success" stack. Wingers would likely disagree....see Knoxville and Williams Grove.
smbpreformance (Offline)
  #5 2/11/08 11:23 PM
The one at the chili bowl........it only has to run once a year, brings in drivers from different types of racing and all over the world, makes the promoters a crap load of money and everyone talks about it all year long
LocalYokel (Offline)
  #6 2/11/08 11:25 PM
Knoxville and Williams Grove are on the top of the list for sure. I'd add Pevely to the list too. Like it or not you also have to include the dirt tracks by the NASCAR tracks like Lowes and Taladaga.

You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #7 2/11/08 11:37 PM
Nationally... Eldora - Anybody remember the MOPAR MILLION... nonwingers, wingers, late models... Just about covers it.

Indiana... Lawrenceburg, basically because no other track in Indiana has the facilities this place does. Terre Haute has to be up there because of it's history.

AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #8 2/11/08 11:58 PM
Nationally (WEEKLY)-The GROVE- They advertise in local papers and radio stations,makes the 11 o'clock news on most friday nights.ALWAYS A GOOD CROWD,decent car count.:pissonwings:

Special shows-ELDORA

INDY-car counts-paragon
crowd-bloomington
promotion-The fort wayne rumble
Speedracer (Offline)
  #9 2/12/08 12:36 AM
Gas City anyone?
Gasman fan 50 (Offline)
  #10 2/12/08 2:17 AM
Any track that can have a World of Outlaw show! Out West largest show is the Gold Cup, Chico! Was 5 nights now 4 nights of racing.:angry-smiley-007: Can't even get a ticket at times or hotel room.:headbang