IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy, Mario, Larry
2/26/08, 5:52 PM   #21
Re: Sammy, Mario, Larry
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Consoli View Post
My memory is somewhat fuzzy after 40 years, but the photo is from 1968 at Oswego. Mario was definitely driving the Watson car that day. The race was suppose to be 100 laps, but due to the sweltering heat, they ran 2 races at 50 laps each and tried to cool off between races. I remember Sam Sessions won the first 50. I'm not sure if he also won the second race. Maybe somebody has the the USAC yearbook from '68.
According to the record books Sessions won the 2nd 50. Mike Mosely won the 1st.

2/26/08, 5:59 PM   #22
Re: Sammy, Mario, Larry
Al Consoli

Well, I knew Sessions won one of them.:rolling I saw that website list that was posted. I don't remember Mosely being there, but I thought Andretti was driving the Watson car with Mosely's name on it. Maybe this is one of the mistakes on the list and Mario won the first race??????:headbang Of course, I could be wrong - I'm getting too Old to remember!!! I do remember the heat that day. It probably affected my memory (good excuse - Huh?)!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy, Mario, Larry