IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Some off the press Twin Cities news
12/16/12, 1:56 PM   #21
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98arpy View Post
For the last 6 years I have provided service (at the urging of Cary Agajanian) as an expert wittness for the various racing insurance companies.
Most of these cases are spectator and participant (drivers and crews) liability lawsuits.
The challenge is that insurance companies won't or don't set firm minimum standards. Most times we go by a loosley held policy of "Standard Of The Industry"
Since I am retiring from Eldora at the end of 2012 and moving to Avon, I plan on offering loss prevention consulting services at no charge to speedways that ask.
I will post my contact info after we get moved in January.
Larry Kemp
Thank you Mr Kemp for offering your services!!!

I hope all tracks take you up on your offer.

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 2:05 PM   #22
Re: Some off the press Twin Cities news
KaitlynSweat

Atleast get ahold of a cable company like Ft. Wayne cable put some up and throw up a little fence yourself, hell anything to apease the people or its almost guaranteed he will have people not show up, just for that reason. Make an effort of some sort.

12/16/12, 3:08 PM   #23
hupp#9

Robby no Matter what we think it's going to happen its like saying we shouldn't race terrehaute to fast not safe enough lots of people get Hurt there Williams grove, Salem, Eldora, lots of places that are fast an dangerous. It's what we do it can happen and no one wants it to but it can. I wish the fence was fixed to but of he don't have the money this year he don't have the money I will support him and hopefully next year when he buys it he will have it fixed

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Russ
12/16/12, 6:39 PM   #24
barny oldfeller

least they got some sprint car action/ we need a fri or sun sprint car track here in the tri state area

12/16/12, 6:59 PM   #25
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hupp#9 View Post
Robby no Matter what we think it's going to happen its like saying we shouldn't race terrehaute to fast not safe enough lots of people get Hurt there Williams grove, Salem, Eldora, lots of places that are fast an dangerous. It's what we do it can happen and no one wants it to but it can. I wish the fence was fixed to but of he don't have the money this year he don't have the money I will support him and hopefully next year when he buys it he will have it fixed

Posted via Mobile Device
Logan,

I know the risks. Racecar drivers assume that risk everytime they fire the motors. But I am sure your seat belts are tight, your helmet is tight, you have your flame resistance suit on etc etc... Your not going to start the A main mid pack with no helmet on. We both could go back n forth with analogy after analogy to support our feelings. The fact remains, the fence is unsafe for everyone.

Best of luck in 2013

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 7:23 PM   #26
31bro

Wouldn't be cheaper to put up a new fence than have a lawsuit on your hands when something happens?

3 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, Morgan7m
12/16/12, 8:03 PM   #27
Sullivan69Racing

Salem Speedway still has no fence. Tony Stewart went over the wall in a sprint car. Brownstown Speedway, which has sprint week races the past couple years and the No Way Out 40 race in 2013, has a poor fence on the front strech where the fans sit. That fence would never stop a sprint car.

Brady Shorts flip at Twin Cities wasn't cause of the fence. It was because of the poor track conditions and track prep.

The new track promoter has been down there a ton this off season impoving the track and the track facilities. He was down there today, as with a bunch of fellow racers fixing the bleachers. He already has gone far above what other promoters of Twin Cities have done in the past, and he hasn't even had a race there yet.

If you don't feel it is safe, don't come and race at Twin Cities. There is enough of us racers out there that will race there is year because of the effort that Sumo is putting in. This is my first season in a Super Stock, and I have never been more excitied for a upcoming year as I am right now for 2013. I raced a Mini Stock the last 5 years at Twin Cities and didn't look forward to a lot of races because of the poor track conditions, and not because of the fence.

Sorry for my rant, but I feel Sumo is doing a amazing job so far. Check out all that he has done so far on Twin Cities Facebook page.

Sumo, keep up the good work!!!!

4 members like this post: hupp#9, koolaid89, Russ
12/16/12, 10:11 PM   #28
racephoto1

Bloomington, Terre Haute, Brownstown, Putnamville, Paragon, are some of the tracks without fences in the corners Trouble with Twin Cities is that the fence posts that are there become possible skewers when you go through the fence.

Ask the people on here if they'd prefer no fences in the corners. You'd have to change parking outside the corners I know, but it would lesson the chances of someone becoming a shish kebob. That is also one way to fix the fence.

As for those of you that think thats nuts, I've seen more then one guy go out at Terre Haute. Heck I've even seen people land in the pits at Haubstadt.
Last edited by racephoto1; 12/16/12 at 10:13 PM.

12/16/12, 11:49 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The Naivety of thinking fencing is needed for the drivers only is amazing. It is also naive to think track conditions are the only things to cause sprint cars to flip out of a ball park is as well.. Those 20 people in that pit area the car comes barreling toward or those hundreds in a grandstand that car may land on is not to be taken lightly saying nobody going to try anything is also highly disappointing.

Nobody said you gotta build a new tens of thousands fence all the way around. Key areas though do need att.

And it's also Naive to believe you gotta spend a ton of money doing so. Sponsership deals in exchange, a few cases of beer. etc.

Make it happen.

12/16/12, 11:55 PM   #30
hupp#9

This is my last post about this, just trying to help twin cities and help people see it through sumos eyes.. I'm not saying it don't need fixed just can't e right now Charles do you have any idea how hard sponsors are to come by? Because I'm sure he's trying and if he didn't already push his limits and dig into his pockets he wouldn't be fixing everything he has.. Yes it needs fixed! But money dont grow on trees and he's not owner yet

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Some off the press Twin Cities news