IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #11 4/30/13 6:46 AM
Your situation sounds like mine. I lost my racing buddy two years ago, this coming June. I found that going to the tracks dad loved to go to, especially in the beginning, was the best medicine. Because I knew he was there with me in spirit, when I would go to those places. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
3 Likes: Al Soran, I Miss Manzy, Racingperry4
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #12 4/30/13 8:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss John. In your situation, it is really a double loss. You lost not only your father but also your racing buddy. As the pain and sadness of losing a parent starts to subside, may the great memories of your times together shine through and brighten your days ahead. Just remember that the seat next to you at the track will be reserved for your racing buddy. Thoughts & prayers for you and your family.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
backitin
  #13 4/30/13 9:40 AM
Very Sorry for your Dads passing. My dad was my inspiration to always being tinkering with mechanical things. Although he didnt have any racing in him he got me started riding and racing motorcycles, which ended up being my lifes passion. My parents are both long gone, but my wifes parents recently passed. Both died within two years and it was hard on her so I/we know what your going thru. Life goes on, so will you. Eventually the pain fades to the great memories and the ones of your Dad will make you enjoy racing maybe even more.
tamale wagon (Offline)
  #14 4/30/13 10:02 AM
thoughts and prayers...
mowerman (Offline)
  #15 4/30/13 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear of your lose. Thinking of you and your family.
Bob and Monica
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #16 4/30/13 11:20 AM
Sorry for your loss!

Posted via Mobile Device

FishBurger (Offline)
  #17 4/30/13 11:48 AM
So sorry for your loss. Our sincere condolences. Your post above is so very well said and brings to mind thoughts of the relationship I had with my Dad. I'm sure he was and is very proud of you. Marv & Judy Fish
racing4aman (Offline)
  #18 4/30/13 1:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad ,, my prayers are with you and your family and fans ... GOD BLESS YOU ALL... 'Rhonda Chapman
reeserx (Offline)
  #19 4/30/13 3:06 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, sorry for your loss

Posted via Mobile Device
OTSNWR (Offline)
  #20 4/30/13 3:17 PM
Very sorry for your loss. Deepest sympathies from everyone at the OTS.