IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints Racing Tonight!!
4/20/08, 2:01 PM   #31
Re: Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints Racing Tonight!!
zeakemedia

Times are tough here in Ohio too. I went to Wayne County last night which ended up being one of two tracks in Ohio to get started that had Sprints. Seven cars showed up. Features were getting ready to start and the night was a wash out.

4/20/08, 2:39 PM   #32
Zellner

Saturday at 12:00 I went down to the track. I crawled down in a hole which I later figured out was turn three and watched the work that was being done to get ready for the nights race. All that I saw was people picking up trash from under the grandstands.The track was black from top to bottom. I rushed home and started searching the web for rain dancing for dummies, as I new the race would be a disaster. It never rained so we loaded the car and headed for the track.When we got there we saw a bull dozer parked outside turn three and heard RUMORS of nearly thirty bags of powered concrete being dumped into the hole. I am sure you can imagine what the majority of people were thinking as they checked out the racing surface.
The reasoning for this story is the Fleetwoods could have probably cancelled the show but they did'nt. With the way the weather was they ran a pretty good chance of loosing money. They gave us a place to race and the fans a place to watch a race. They also never gave up on the track and from what I had seen earlier in the day to the surface I raced on was to say the least a shock. Thanks for your efforts!! If you plan to have any more non wing shows we will be there.

Rod (Hot Rod) Reynolds It was good to see ya.

Billy Puterbaugh jr. Thanks for the tips on tightening up our DRC.

We pitted next to Billy and his family if you have never spoke with them you should stop by and say hello. they are really nice people.

Scott Baue (leaders Edge) Thanks for all your help in the off seaon. The first night out with all the changes I thought the car felt pretty good.

4/20/08, 3:56 PM   #33
LEADERS EDGE

I'll say this, North Vernon has twice ran when others wouldn't. That shows conviction.

No problem Eric. I'm glad I could be of some help.

4/20/08, 5:09 PM   #34
HurstBros0

That`s okay Billy no offense taken . You put together a very good run and you looked good . You made good use of that stip of moisture down at the very bottom of the front chute. I just have to ask though , did you ever get that Euclid tire down in 4 moved to where you wanted it ?

Dan Hurst

4/20/08, 8:05 PM   #35
Z-man

Thanks goes out to Twin Cities and everyone that showed up last night, drove out to North Vernon expecting to get rained out, instead I got to see some racing.

4/20/08, 9:03 PM   #36
65 Push Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
I finished third last night not bobby stiens. it went Short, Cummins, Puterbaugh, Williams
Billy sorry about that. I wasn't at the race, I just recieved a cell call from a buddy and he was just mistaken. I would like to have been there, but it was my youngest daughters senior prom, didn't want miss being there for her. I was a Twin Cities last year for the KISS race and the car count was low that night also, but still good races.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints Racing Tonight!!