IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln USAC cancelled
6/4/15, 12:51 AM   #21
Re: Lincoln USAC cancelled
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 25

Sounds like next year we should have a Western Storm. I would love to see five night of AWESOME USAC sprints in California!!!! Calistoga, Santa Maria, Tulare, Ventura, Perris. I bet the car counts would be better too.

6/4/15, 3:26 AM   #22
JDFAST

Not a bad idea

6/4/15, 3:31 AM   #23
Andrew S. Quinn

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...l#incart_river

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, WinglessLovers
6/4/15, 6:19 AM   #24
ossuks

Miller says USAC has the $ from last year? If that is true then they should split that money up between their teams to help offset the cost of travel?

6/4/15, 9:21 AM   #25
Freddy768

Last year was last year and should have no affect in the decision to run this years race. I'm hard pressed to find a weather forecast that called for 50% chance of showers. And it's irresponsible to cancel as early as Miller did even if there was a 50% chance of showers. Imagine if every promotor canceled when there was a 50% chance of showers? And to not consult USAC or Lincoln Speedway before canceling was irresponsible. Why do you think Miller lost control of URC? Bad decisions. Business decision? He made the worst one he could have made. He's lost credidability with USAC, Lincoln, the teams and the fans who were going to support him. I personally will not support Bob Miller ever again.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, davidm
6/4/15, 12:18 PM   #26
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy768 View Post
Last year was last year and should have no affect in the decision to run this years race. I'm hard pressed to find a weather forecast that called for 50% chance of showers. And it's irresponsible to cancel as early as Miller did even if there was a 50% chance of showers. Imagine if every promotor canceled when there was a 50% chance of showers? And to not consult USAC or Lincoln Speedway before canceling was irresponsible. Why do you think Miller lost control of URC? Bad decisions. Business decision? He made the worst one he could have made. He's lost credidability with USAC, Lincoln, the teams and the fans who were going to support him. I personally will not support Bob Miller ever again.
There was never a 50% chance of rain forcast! The issue Miller had was the temps and his fear that not enough fans would have turned out to cover all 4 of the feature purses. I watched the forcast from three weather sources all morning yesterday and there was never more than a 20% chance of rain and the earliest that was listed on NOAA's site was 10PM. I burned vacation time and gas for nothing, I won't get burned by Miller again.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
6/4/15, 1:39 PM   #27
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
There was never a 50% chance of rain forcast! The issue Miller had was the temps and his fear that not enough fans would have turned out to cover all 4 of the feature purses. I watched the forcast from three weather sources all morning yesterday and there was never more than a 20% chance of rain and the earliest that was listed on NOAA's site was 10PM. I burned vacation time and gas for nothing, I won't get burned by Miller again.
How did you burn gas when the cancellation was pretty early? Coming from Elliott City, that can't be more than a 2 hour drive to Lincoln right? Unless you went up at like 9am to tailgate. Haha

6/4/15, 2:22 PM   #28
Freddy768

Millers press release stated a 50% chance of rain.

6/4/15, 2:28 PM   #29
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
How did you burn gas when the cancellation was pretty early? Coming from Elliott City, that can't be more than a 2 hour drive to Lincoln right? Unless you went up at like 9am to tailgate. Haha
Worked a 1/2 day and went home and loaded up the camera gear and headed straight up, missed the cancellation anouncement. The last time I looked at the net was 12PM. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected that. BTW if you don't get past Baltimore before 3PM that 2 hour ride can easily turn to 3+.

6/4/15, 2:48 PM   #30
JDFAST

For a traveling race, where teams and fans spend both time and $, they should try to run an event even with a chance of rain, and have rain dates in place. I wished Indiana Sprint Week (when they have a day or two off) have rain dates as options.

The worst thing I hate besides something like this, is when a track drags on a show when bad weather is foretasted. On the positive side, i remember an ISW show at Brownstown (forgot the year), but everyone knew weather was coming, but the track and usac speed up the show, I think there was less than 5 minutes between the finish of B main and push off for a main and good thing they did, the pouring rain hit less than a few minutes after the race.

After reading Bob's apology, I think it made me madder.

Good luck getting the rest of the races in.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln USAC cancelled