IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Harness Headaches
4/8/16, 4:07 PM   #1
Harness Headaches
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Sure could use someone with experience sorting an EFI wiring harness to help me figure out why I seem to be getting juice to the starter solenoid but not much else; after matching up all the connectors I had a bundle of wires that I determined to be the starter solenoid to the button (yellow/blue) clutch switch (black/yellow, which I also wired to the starter button), neutral light (blue) power back to the harness from the ignition switch (red) and a bunch of grounds. There's are also 2 individual wires (one yellow/red and another black/white) with weatherpack-type connector pins that I believe are from the fuel pump relay to the pump. As I said, I have power to the starter solenoid (it clicks after turning on the main switch and hitting the button (after wiring the clutch switch connection as described); I don't have it hooked to the starter yet but I don't seem to be getting juice to or from the fuel pump relay and the power lights on the Power Commander modules aren't lighting up, which at the moment is the only thing that I have to go by.

Any ideas?
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 4/8/16 at 4:22 PM.

4/8/16, 9:57 PM   #2
Re: Harness Headaches
jjones752

OK, let's try this; anybody know anyone in the Indy area that does diagnostics on Mini Sprint electronics?

4/9/16, 5:17 PM   #3
Re: Harness Headaches
jjones752

On its' way to Mike Garvey for a nip & tuck...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Harness Headaches