IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
modirt19 (Offline)
  #21 10/27/17 1:59 PM
I hope their race is a success.
I don't want to be a negative post but Powri has issues getting enough cars in their backyard for a 3/8 mile track at Granite City.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, dkdorkboy, Jonr, Ray3, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
markmckeon (Offline)
  #22 10/27/17 2:02 PM
One might also wish to consider this pregnant sentence from USAC's September 5 press release, which announced the Sprint Car schedule at Bubba's: "Additionally, further USAC dates in Florida during February 2018 are under discussion."
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Stevensville Mike
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #23 10/27/17 2:17 PM
Originally Posted by markmckeon:
One might also wish to consider this pregnant sentence from USAC's September 5 press release, which announced the Sprint Car schedule at Bubba's: "Additionally, further USAC dates in Florida during February 2018 are under discussion."
Good eye, Mark. Good eye. This POWRi thing might morph into something more/else.
2 Likes: fish, PIT CART
grantman (Offline)
  #24 10/28/17 12:05 PM
Its a shame they aren't running with USAC sprints, some of the drivers would take both cars.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #25 10/28/17 3:42 PM
My guess would be they are renting the track. I think any series would have to have KKM and Clauson Marshall Racing to get a field in the mid 20's that far away from their base. I think the track could be interesting for midgets. With that big sweeping north turn, you will need a stout motor to be competitive. It seems their partner Wayne Davis may take the biggest hit from this. I wish everyone success.
4 Likes: Crankin, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, Wayne Davis
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #26 10/28/17 7:20 PM
Originally Posted by grantman:
Its a shame they aren't running with USAC sprints, some of the drivers would take both cars.
Now that is genius, makes perfect sense and I'd pay extra to see that.
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #27 10/28/17 7:40 PM
Good track for midgets, running a USAC Sprint combo would be FAN-tastic.
cshuman (Offline)
  #28 10/29/17 2:56 AM
Definitely not renting the track
2 Likes: PIT CART, trackprep
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #29 10/29/17 5:40 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
It seems their partner Wayne Davis may take the biggest hit from this. I wish everyone success.
After talking with the track owner today we will not be paying $10,000.00 to win as we had plan to do in Feb. 2018. In fact we even spoke of canceling the Gator"DIRT"Nationals for 2018 because of this...Our date was published back in August. It is what it is and the fact we where going........nuff said....Thanks to all that has supported this event the last 6 years. Will keep everyone informed if we have or we cancel in the next couple weeks so you the racer can make the proper changes to your schedule.

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #30 10/29/17 8:21 AM
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis:
After talking with the track owner today we will not be paying $10,000.00 to win as we had plan to do in Feb. 2018. In fact we even spoke of canceling the Gator"DIRT"Nationals for 2018 because of this...Our date was published back in August. It is what it is and the fact we where going........nuff said....Thanks to all that has supported this event the last 6 years. Will keep everyone informed if we have or we cancel in the next couple weeks so you the racer can make the proper changes to your schedule.
One of these days I hope you get some good luck. You do a lot of work.
8 Likes: Cobra 14, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, kendirt, luckybuc97, mc/rider, PIT CART, Wayne Davis