IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do they survive
6/15/24, 1:00 PM   #11
Re: How do they survive
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not that I can travel now. But Flo does cut my desire to do so n some cases (especially weather being a factor) In other cases streaming has made me want to visit some tracks really bad. Id love to visit Port Royal, Grandview, Husets, Perris and stoga for starters.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, oldfan49, oppweld
6/15/24, 1:53 PM   #12
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

$3.00 can of beer at Eldora last Saturday. I'm glad Eldora still makes their beer and concessions affordable. And you can still bring in a cooler of food and snacks. 🏁

6/15/24, 4:12 PM   #13
RacingFan52

Race Count This Year: 1

Maybe it is by county in IN. TriState sells beer and allows carry ins.

4 members like this post: Aurora78, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97
6/15/24, 4:26 PM   #14
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Indiana tracks by law cannot sell alcohol, and allow it to be carried in. It creates a tough call for promoters. Hardcore fans like to bring coolers, but you need more than the hardcore fans to survive. Most people who have never been, expect to be able to buy it like they do at other events they go to. I have never really cared about what the rules are as I can adapt. We need more new faces at tracks for the sport to survive. If walking to my car during the support class to go to my cooler helps. I really don't mind.
I did think that the crowds looked a little light. I remember Grandview was packed the 5 times I was there.
I ran into a guy at Putnamville at MidgetWeek. I hadn't seen him in 3 years. He told me he very seldom goes to the races anymore since he got Flo. I know that doesn't mean that everyone does that, but I guarantee a few do that.
Hey Brent I read your first line and stopped. This thread is about what Flagboy said happens in Pa. Start your own thread about Indiana. No drama proved by Indiana law you can sell and carry in. I’m sitting next to both of them currently.
It’s 50 states in this USA. Everybody does it different. As for Flo some use it to stay home and others don’t. We are on the down slide of popularity in this sport. Embrace what you can and go forward.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier
6/16/24, 2:03 AM   #15
jdull99

Can people carry beer into other sporting events, venues, restaurants, etc in these states? I'm one of the cheapest guys in the world, but have never expected this to be ok anywhere, other than the Indy 500. I'm certainly living in the wrong state (IL), but please enlighten me on the rules of these other states. The local baseball team had a BOGO special for an inning, the other night, that was nice. When I used to try racing and was dirt poor, but would go out on the town on occasion, I would sneak in one or two beers in places...but my sister (who was a bartender) shamed me and they would get warm quickly; so I got over it and figured if I really needed a beer somewhere, I could shell out the few dollars for them...or I'd skip it...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: captrat, Midget98
6/16/24, 12:27 PM   #16
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Indiana tracks by law cannot sell alcohol, and allow it to be carried in. It creates a tough call for promoters. Hardcore fans like to bring coolers, but you need more than the hardcore fans to survive. Most people who have never been, expect to be able to buy it like they do at other events they go to. I have never really cared about what the rules are as I can adapt. We need more new faces at tracks for the sport to survive. If walking to my car during the support class to go to my cooler helps. I really don't mind.
I did think that the crowds looked a little light. I remember Grandview was packed the 5 times I was there.
I ran into a guy at Putnamville at MidgetWeek. I hadn't seen him in 3 years. He told me he very seldom goes to the races anymore since he got Flo. I know that doesn't mean that everyone does that, but I guarantee a few do that.
I have bought beer inside Terre Haute and Tri State. Did something change?

6/16/24, 7:52 PM   #17
flagboy55

I did start this thread in sarcasm, and to point out that it can be done and the track can survive. In fact you might make an argument that it brings people? Any way I just stirring the pot with an observation from Pennsylvania. By the way, if you ever get time to to have a couple beverages at the track with Nodramazone20 and Yeleyfan76, you might want to do it. I did for 5 days and it was fun

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jonboat15, nodramazone20
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do they survive