IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
7/1/24, 10:04 AM   #41
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
opnwhlmnd

Ballou thinks everyone should mount their weight up high in center of car.

I have no idea if the teams cheated or not as I wasn't there to see it. I'm not a member of the "I read it on the internet so it must be true" crowd.

If they failed in tech after hot laps and weight was moved to correct location before time trails then it shouldn't be too severe of a penalty. If car was used in competition with weight mounted front of axle then the penalty should be loss of points and purse for that race night. Paid show up points and money only.

See how easy that was to take the drama and conspiracy away?

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Hubie48, oppweld, The Old Coyote
7/1/24, 10:22 AM   #42
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I'm wondering if the weight way up front was possibly to help keep the front end from lifting.
I was thinking the same thing, keep the front end down so the car can make the turns on the tight little tracks. Maybe next time they can fill the front bumpers with lead, it might not be as noticeable. I wonder if the illegal weights were used at Kutztown in PA

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, CRA91
7/1/24, 11:27 AM   #43
Frank Reiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
Robert inferred that one or more competitors cars where found illegal due to ballast being ahead of the front axle?
One thing about Robert, you can always count on him to have something to say!
1) USAC is in the entertainment business.
2) Mr. Ballou is an entertainer.
3) We have been entertained.
4) Next question.

7/1/24, 12:32 PM   #44
flagboy55

Was someone cheating? There’s the question. Valid in any business except, well you know

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
7/1/24, 2:02 PM   #45
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I'm wondering if the weight way up front was possibly to help keep the front end from lifting.
Back in the day at Ascot we used to have a 15lbs and a 25lbs weights that we used to mount under the front torsion tubes for that exact reason.

7/1/24, 4:18 PM   #46
nodramazone20

soaking tires, traction control, (allegedly) weights in from of axle, hell, just strap on a wing and go racing....no consequences, right???

3 members like this post: billw, Hubie48, PIT CART
7/1/24, 4:50 PM   #47
TBarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Ballou thinks everyone should mount their weight up high in center of car.

I have no idea if the teams cheated or not as I wasn't there to see it. I'm not a member of the "I read it on the internet so it must be true" crowd.

If they failed in tech after hot laps and weight was moved to correct location before time trails then it shouldn't be too severe of a penalty. If car was used in competition with weight mounted front of axle then the penalty should be loss of points and purse for that race night. Paid show up points and money only.

See how easy that was to take the drama and conspiracy away?
Look at you being all sensible and stuff. Who would have guessed.

2 members like this post: captrat
7/1/24, 4:58 PM   #48
captrat

Perhaps remove the term "cheating". Whether it violated the rule purposely or was done due to lack of knowledge or human error the rule should be enforced.

7/1/24, 5:22 PM   #49
RacingFan52

Race Count This Year: 1

Seems that USAC could have responded by now, one way or another, and clear things up. (maybe they have) But, it seems that whenever there is a matter of days between issues and USAC responses, the slow response time gives people too much time to dwell on it and throw fuel on the fire. USAC usually gets a black eye out of the deal, deservedly or not. Whatever, the racing was great Sat. night.

3 members like this post: captrat, Hubie48, SpfldMile
7/1/24, 6:20 PM   #50
Twister17

I noticed the photo of the 69 car was not from Macon.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon