IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
7/5/24, 6:44 PM   #71
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 77
Race Count Last Year: 85

After reading about all this while on the road in PA it seems to me the worst thing USAC can do about this is nothing. Make an official statement on the issue & don't just bury your head in the sand. The two teams either broke the rules or they didn't. The race fans deserve to know the decision made and what actions if any were taken. USAC should not become a secret society.

Bruce Eckel

7/5/24, 9:47 PM   #72
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Your confusing Gaslighting with Sarcasm.
Sarcasm, nah, Neither. One is lying and one is truthful. One wants to impale their position on you and the other just reports the facts.

I think there are facts being swept aside that people chose not acknowledge. USAC is a club , clubs usually collapse do to favortism
This isn’t the first dust up in recent years and no one at USAC has the balls to make a call when it offends someone.
Ho Hum!!!

7/5/24, 11:44 PM   #73
chathamracefan

Would seem usac is gonna have to address this or risk having Mr Ballou undress them every time in front of a mic. He just put them on blast in his post race interview tonight. That was Hewitt level bluntness

7/6/24, 12:18 AM   #74
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

So why is it just him saying something or can you only do that on the front stretch with the mic? I say that because probably five or six other teams would jump a spot in standing on one DQ alone. So where are they?

Another thing is USAC does even their spot check tech after the victory lane deal. Not before like every other sanction that goes to the scale and do a check that the right brand and hardness tires are on the car. No reason top three or four couldn't have everything but the fuel and tire test done in TWO MINUTES EACh and send em back to victory lane.

I say that because a couple years ago Courtney was dq'd after a race i attended but was the victory lane recipient. so much so it was when I got home that i found out Bacon had won due to low weight.

Yeah, Im a fan of Bacon, But Im a fan of all the USAC Guys and even the locals who give it a go.

Is this the first time it was done? I mean I seen two pics of the last two years champ with something on the front tubes. Not sure where it was from or what race.

I once watched a race at Kokomo a multi time USAC champ idled around under yellows nudging the infield tires every time he passed. knocked em in about three feet. rant the very bottom and won. Is that cheating?

And lastly, I don't believe for a minute Ballou's never cheated and I like him too.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/6/24 at 12:23 AM.

2 members like this post: BLASTER1, Hubie48
7/6/24, 12:38 AM   #75
streetglider

It’s very simple. I was at Macon and witnessed Sprig say it is illegal to mount weight in that spot, but he was not going to enforce the rule. That is a fact! Then at the Saturday drivers meeting Bacon was asked what he felt his penalty merited and he replied, and I quote “disqualification”.
Now here is the issue that everyone is hiding from. The tech guys brought this issue to Sprig’s attention during inspection and he DID NOT enforce the rule book. It has to be an even playing field for ALL participants, or the rules are useless !
USAC has lost a lot of credibility with their drivers , however Ballou is the only one that isn’t afraid to speak up. There was actually talk among many drivers in the pits at Macon on Saturday , to band together and not race that night, due to Sprigs tactics.
Last edited by streetglider; 7/6/24 at 12:39 AM.

7/6/24, 5:12 AM   #76
Hubie48

Thanks for the post streetglider

I also find it strange no one else said anything. I mean it's cricket city on this issue. So something very strange as I can't see an entire field of professionals being OK with this. I have several questions but short of driving to someone's shop or going down to USAC HQ at this point it must have been hearsay?

7/6/24, 7:14 AM   #77
BLASTER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
Would seem usac is gonna have to address this or risk having Mr Ballou undress them every time in front of a mic. He just put them on blast in his post race interview tonight. That was Hewitt level bluntness
Remember 2018 when he tried to undress some then?

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more...-tony-stewart/

A USAC Sprint Car driver was suspended by the sanctioning body last week for derogatory comments he made about Eldora Speedway, the famous dirt track owned by the three-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion.

On the final night of last weekend’s 4-Crown Nationals. Rober Ballou made statements on Twitter about the condition of the racing surface at the Rossburg, Ohio, track.

The USAC competition committee decided to suspend the veteran racer based on his tweets and a long history of criticizing the series.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
7/6/24, 7:16 AM   #78
BLASTER1

More from last night…..

https://x.com/JohnnyWingo/status/1809430494859198772

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, The Old Coyote
7/6/24, 7:43 AM   #79
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTER1 View Post
If USAC did in fact refuse to enforce its own rules it would look pretty stupid slapping Robert in the [insert appropriate noun].

2 members like this post: Hubie48, luckybuc97
7/6/24, 8:45 AM   #80
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
It’s very simple. I was at Macon and witnessed Sprig say it is illegal to mount weight in that spot, but he was not going to enforce the rule. That is a fact! Then at the Saturday drivers meeting Bacon was asked what he felt his penalty merited and he replied, and I quote “disqualification”.
Now here is the issue that everyone is hiding from. The tech guys brought this issue to Sprig’s attention during inspection and he DID NOT enforce the rule book. It has to be an even playing field for ALL participants, or the rules are useless !
USAC has lost a lot of credibility with their drivers , however Ballou is the only one that isn’t afraid to speak up. There was actually talk among many drivers in the pits at Macon on Saturday , to band together and not race that night, due to Sprigs tactics.
Thanks Glider…….

Folks read it over again and again until you comprehend the seriousness of the issue at hand. Are you in the “Club”? Robert may be a lil brash with his words but he is the only person to have the ballz to call out the club.
Yes in will probably cost him in the end but which club you want to be in? USAC gotta lot of issues currently they need to straighten out. Don’t drink the Kool Aid. Drivers need to stand their ground. I would have thought Bacon would have been a Macho Man enough to release a social media statement of his version to possibly help his name , but I’ve not seen any. Sounds like Race Director is the root of the problem. Best of luck drivers. Spridge , Richie, please tell us the Real story .

In this special race weekend, I wander what Bill would have to say……
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/6/24 at 9:00 AM.

5 members like this post: Dale, Hubie48, luckybuc97, Steve Wendel, The Old Coyote
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon