IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
7/6/24, 4:37 PM   #91
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
If Dutcher doesn't want to run USAC or something because of it. Its got everything to do with it. Remember Amati and Team AZ leaving over tire gate?

Yeah and Rodgers needs a ride. TYVM.
I assure you there is no correlation between the two, so you can quit speculating that they are related. Now back to the original post.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, FALCONEDDIE, Hubie48
7/6/24, 5:14 PM   #92
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I think all the teams should just paint a Styrofoam brick and tape it to their tubes. See what happens?

4 members like this post: Aurora78, Chief Wahoo, FALCONEDDIE, The Old Coyote
7/7/24, 12:02 PM   #93
sp6967

with all the sweeping under the rug, usac needs a bigger rug.

7/7/24, 4:48 PM   #94
Charles Nungester

I still think it was the Ok, we're in victory lane and two of em are obviously cheating the rule book. Do we DQ em in front of everyone?

Should scale, tire check and a once over before Victory lane Like every other ORG DOES.

3 members like this post: erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, TNRustler
7/7/24, 5:17 PM   #95
kinser

[QUOTE=Charles Nungester;575286]I still think it was the Ok, we're in victory lane and two of em are obviously cheating the rule book. Do we DQ em in front of everyone?

That’s exactly what they should have done.

7/7/24, 6:12 PM   #96
Charles Nungester

Every team that didn't do it should cheat at at least one race, When called on it. Say Well that's my freebie for the year. Put it under that rug over there......

So Break out them 427 small blocks, Nitro, Tire dope. American Racers etc.

Should be interesting. Where's my **** stirring emjoy?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/7/24 at 8:20 PM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, RacingFan52
7/8/24, 10:16 PM   #97
Twister17

I heard 5 bar chassis are now illegal because it’s actual added weight in front of the axle because nobody actually runs a sway bar.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
7/10/24, 2:14 PM   #98
Gene Franckowiak

Since, I'm partnered in with Brady, here is my take on it....JG made USAC aware of this issue before the racers even got on the track.
From what I understand it was brought up a few times before the races and nothing was done. Why didn't USAC follow up and inpsect the cars ??.........they have the responsibilitty to insure rule compliance and there were more than 2 cars with the weight bolted up front. Now for the kicker........guys have been running front axles with lead inside, lead in side the front frame rail, torsion bars filled with lead, steel front arms and stops. most chassis builders offer the tabs up front to bolt the weight to......where does it stop ?
It is not my job to determine punishments but it has been my experience that racers work around the rules one way or another. During the Eastern Storm were there any motors pumped to make sure the winners were legal ???? Are there pre race inspections to look for violations........isn't the time to find this before the cars are on the track ?
Last edited by Gene Franckowiak; 7/10/24 at 2:17 PM.

7/10/24, 3:04 PM   #99
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
Since, I'm partnered in with Brady, here is my take on it....JG made USAC aware of this issue before the racers even got on the track.
From what I understand it was brought up a few times before the races and nothing was done. Why didn't USAC follow up and inpsect the cars ??.........they have the responsibilitty to insure rule compliance and there were more than 2 cars with the weight bolted up front. Now for the kicker........guys have been running front axles with lead inside, lead in side the front frame rail, torsion bars filled with lead, steel front arms and stops. most chassis builders offer the tabs up front to bolt the weight to......where does it stop ?
It is not my job to determine punishments but it has been my experience that racers work around the rules one way or another. During the Eastern Storm were there any motors pumped to make sure the winners were legal ???? Are there pre race inspections to look for violations........isn't the time to find this before the cars are on the track ?
My thoughts would be if they know it is against the rules and someone has already pointed out that they are doing it why continue to do it ? That to me would mean they already know USAC isn’t going to do anything about it or that they were daring them to do something about it.

1 member likes this post: jonboat15
7/10/24, 3:33 PM   #100
jaythorne

pre race rules checks for safety....post race rules checked for performance advantage...enforce the rules as written....filling a tube with lead,running a heavy component,etc are gray areas of the rules...not blatant cheating......if u want the rules changed so be it ...lobby for it ....i doubt any racer would object to changing the rule to allow bolt on weight
Last edited by jaythorne; 7/10/24 at 3:36 PM.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon