IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 7/13/24 11:59 AM
Montpelier Motor Speedway - 2024 Race Dates.

NEW Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...ion__open_user

NEW Promoter - Ryan Sutter (Modified Racer from Coldwater, Ohio)

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
8 Likes: EBookerFan, Grocery Guy, Hammer, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, Stephen Cording, TNRustler
TQ29m (Online)
  #2 7/13/24 12:35 PM
Hat's off to the new promoter, and I wish you well, Montpelier was always one of my favorite tracks to race at, even though it was a long haul, good luck to you and your team, may the race gods smile on you!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
4 Likes: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
revjimk (Offline)
  #3 7/13/24 4:04 PM
One of the most fun nights I've had in racing was when Funk took me to Montpelier for Indiana Midget Week a few years back, Chris Bell & Larson going at it, baseball size dirt clods flying into the stands, full moon.... crazy
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ken Bonnema, Tall Jackson
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #4 7/14/24 1:02 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
One of the most fun nights I've had in racing was when Funk took me to Montpelier for Indiana Midget Week a few years back, Chris Bell & Larson going at it, baseball size dirt clods flying into the stands, full moon.... crazy
I also remember that night. Track was wet and heavy. Was awesome to see the USAC midgets there. KKM drivers were out in full force that night. As you say, it was cool to get a close-up look at Larson and Bell.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ken Bonnema
revjimk (Offline)
  #5 7/15/24 2:12 AM
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy:
I also remember that night. Track was wet and heavy. Was awesome to see the USAC midgets there. KKM drivers were out in full force that night. As you say, it was cool to get a close-up look at Larson and Bell.

Funk wanted to be close to the action & sat up front in Turn 4. I like to sit up high to see the whole track & avoid getting pelted. No such luck.... dirt clods flying even at the very top row. The guy next to me was using his seat cushion like a shield, trying to block dirt clods. I realized that if you stood up (back row), clods hit below the knees. Could NOT stop laughing!
You work at a grocery store? I think we might know each other... check PM
2 Likes: Grocery Guy