IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
7/19/24, 10:41 AM   #111
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Effectively forgotten.

7/19/24, 11:11 PM   #112
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Effectively forgotten.
Everyone should have known they wouldn’t do anything about it because of who was involved. I can’t help but think guys like Rollie Beale and Norm Shields are turning over in their graves from watching how big of a 💩show USAC has become.

7/19/24, 11:52 PM   #113
streetglider

ANOTHER one swept under the rug by USAC to protect one of their golden boys. Were you expecting anything else ??

7/20/24, 7:07 AM   #114
Hubie48

Yes

Really has me rethinking how and where I spend my money. I already subscribe to flow. I love listening to full bore racing engines running at full chat live and in person. I have options.

I am glad I started this thread. Over 22K looks..... somebody's reading it. Got nothing when asking "Richie Murray" other than I misspelled his name (I googled it originally and that's what I came up with) The loyalist circled the wagons. Grammar is huge when your grasping a fist full of nothing. Typical for the Internet. Pretty sad. Is it a big deal? Well, Rules are Rules and I honestly don't know if anything actually happened. Must not of huh? I was around Midget racing with skin in the game when some goofy tire rules and a vengeance for Danny Drinan was going around. Tire "selected" would only work on a Beast. If you had a Drinan chassis you were pretty much running for sixth.... then we got into rev limiters and engine subscriptions and I really started looking at the economics of the entire endeavor.

It is a Club
Last edited by Hubie48; 7/20/24 at 7:18 AM. Reason: additional comments

7/20/24, 4:09 PM   #115
Chief Wahoo

Race Count Last Year: 22

Figured Ballou would come out with a new ISW shirt.

https://robertballou.myshopify.com/p...-hate-cheaters

7/20/24, 4:38 PM   #116
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

This long after it. Im not longer upset that a few cheated.

I am upset that the person (S) who allowed it to happen haven't been replaced. (Not that they should be fired) But removed from that position.

It should be black and white, Right or wrong, Rules or NO RULES.
CASE CLOSED.

6 members like this post: billw, erich45, interpreter66, racegal, spankytoo, TNRustler
7/20/24, 10:37 PM   #117
yeleyfan76

Fired is the only thing that should have happened. The two cars cheating should have been DQ’d that nite. They also should have been suspended for the rest of the season, lost all point money and put on probation for the entire 2025 season. That is the precedent set by Usac for actions detrimental to the sport. While I feel blatantly cheating and breaking a black and white rule is a bunch worse than tweeting on your phone, who am I? Usac has proven to be a banana republic yet again.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, kinser, racegal, streetglider
7/20/24, 11:21 PM   #118
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't know about the Forfiet all points and banned for the season. But DQ'd and loss of points with maybe a hundred point penalty. You want them to race again with you, don't ya?

7/21/24, 6:47 PM   #119
yeleyfan76

Let them leave. Bacon has left multiple times and keeps coming back. He doesn’t like being in the back. Moles hasn’t shown that he would go wings anyway. There is plenty enough talent out there to make up for them if they leave.
Based on the question you have asked it appears you think cheating is not as detrimental to the sport in a way that tweeting on your phone is. You are entitled to that opinion. For me cheating is worse and the penalty should be as equal if not worse. Oh well.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, racegal
7/21/24, 7:13 PM   #120
oppweld

Race Count Last Year: 25

At a bare minimum USAC needs to address what took place and its resolution or their reason for no action taken. If you really want to get their attention I suggest you contact the title sponsor and express your concerns.

5 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Hubie48, The Old Coyote, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon