IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help me if you can
7/24/24, 5:41 PM   #1
Help me if you can
Joe Schaub

Monday, July 15th 2024 we had a derecho event come through Central Illinois. Most were lucky, some weren't. I was not one of the lucky ones. I lost my copies of Rolling Thunder as well as Guts and Glory due to water damage. We had 6.69 inches of rain and over 5 inches of that was after the tree had came through the roof of my house. I have lost diecast, electronics, furniture, prayer books, food, appliances, carpet, you name it. I was helping on a local TV station's Facebook live chat when the derecho moved through and kept with the chat until the fire department came to inform me a tree was on my house. I had already seen it was there but the 5 inches of rain came after I had left the house about an hour after the tree came through. I moved what I could, but the rain was far too much. The fire department evicted me. Otherwise, the storm spotter in me would have stayed.

My specific need is does anyone know of a place I can get a copy of those 2 books I mentioned earlier? I know it's a long shot, but I figure someone here might know of a place I can locate 1 or both books.

I greatly appreciate any help I can get. Also have 2 tickets to the Bettenhausen race that I can't use as my next 4 to 6 months will be on getting the house put back into shape. If you want the tickets (section g row 16 or 17 seats 17 and 18. We are 3 rows up and just down from the scorers platform in the grandstand. You can see the whole track from there as well as the pits.

7/24/24, 7:21 PM   #2
DJlives

The High Banks Hall of Fame in Belleville has Guts and Glory. Not sure on Rolling Thunder

7/24/24, 8:39 PM   #3
Re: Help me if you can
SoIllSprinter

Coastal 181 (google it) has about as thorough a racing library as can be found, might give that a look.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/25/24, 9:46 AM   #4
flagboy55

Sprint Car Hall of Fame might also have them

7/25/24, 11:32 AM   #5
Re: Help me if you can
DJlives

NSCHoF is out -

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/27/24, 6:36 PM   #6
DJlives

The Sprint Car Hall of Fame does have Guts and Glory