IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
7/25/24, 8:06 PM   #141
Twister17

So teams and or drivers were allowed to go to the office Monday and file complaints/ protests? I’m curious how many did?

7/26/24, 9:59 AM   #142
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
nodramazone20

The arrogance from many who are employed in Speedway is amazing. Looking at social media posts, one such person wondered out loud, what next, Boycott???......Your right, Boycott....For those going to the shows, enjoy the BS

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
7/26/24, 10:33 AM   #143
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
The arrogance from many who are employed in Speedway is amazing. Looking at social media posts, one such person wondered out loud, what next, Boycott???......Your right, Boycott....For those going to the shows, enjoy the BS

Ok, Put your track out of business because a sanction F'd up. Good one!

Where's Sprint week next year? Paragon and Brownstown? not much left.

7/26/24, 11:33 AM   #144
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Sprint week next year? Paragon and Brownstown?
Both not bad choices.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, Dougherty20, nodramazone20
7/26/24, 11:37 AM   #145
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister17 View Post
So teams and or drivers were allowed to go to the office Monday and file complaints/ protests?
Yes, I believe with a $500 Protest Filing Fee.

7/26/24, 11:39 AM   #146
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Both not bad choices.
But the only tracks left after People boycott sprint week, Smack down, Harvest Classic and Fall nationals........

7/26/24, 12:05 PM   #147
Hubie48

yet here you are Charles, it's Bacon so it's OK

just imagine if it were Robert? Wonder how many posts you would have in defense of him?

This entire thing is rank amateur. RooL BoKs !!!!

7/26/24, 1:36 PM   #148
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Ok, Put your track out of business because a sanction F'd up. Good one!

Where's Sprint week next year? Paragon and Brownstown? not much left.
Ok Charles I kind of get your point but….. It was explained to me on a thread back in the past that I don’t understand that I travel to these races to see Usac. I wasn’t going for the cars and teams on the track but indeed I was going to see the sanction. The person to explain to me what I’m not smart enough to discern was the very very quiet Mr. Funk. After this revelation, I must assume that since I attend for the sanction, bankrupting tracks is just collateral damage.

It’s really a shame that as ISW and Smackdown approach we are mired in this situation. Of course I do like the fact that capitalism is alive and well with t shirt wars. Lots of money to be made by RB, and BB with the Make Racing Honest Again and the cry baby blue shirts that will sell.

Enjoy the week and whatever events you attend.

1 member likes this post: cmakin
7/26/24, 1:45 PM   #149
cmakin

We dealt with the track boycotts down here in the Houston area. Worked great. Of all of the tracks that once were, Battleground Speedway is gone. Gator Motorsports Park is gone. Houston Raceway Park is gone. Big H Speedway is paved and largely irrelevant. Golden Triangle Raceway Park is gone. And this is a metro area of over 6 million people. . . . one quarter mile dirt track left 50 miles north of Houston and one fifth mile track 40 miles south of Houston. That is all that is left. I guess the boycotters got their wish . . . .

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/26/24, 2:43 PM   #150
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
We dealt with the track boycotts down here in the Houston area. Worked great. Of all of the tracks that once were, Battleground Speedway is gone. Gator Motorsports Park is gone. Houston Raceway Park is gone. Big H Speedway is paved and largely irrelevant. Golden Triangle Raceway Park is gone. And this is a metro area of over 6 million people. . . . one quarter mile dirt track left 50 miles north of Houston and one fifth mile track 40 miles south of Houston. That is all that is left. I guess the boycotters got their wish . . . .
Did they boycott one sanction for a week and moved on after proving a point or was this a much larger issue?

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon