IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington weather
8/3/24, 9:34 AM   #21
Re: Bloomington weather
Hubie48

Haven't the subdivisions been ******** about the track for 20 years?

Well yes. And the price of poker has gone up as the homes get more and more "ornate" shall we say. From acorns grow mighty oaks. This is going to start at some neighborhood association meetings and progress (go forward) from there. They "re-developed" my town, Speedway Indiana in the past ten years but the wheels started turning in the early 90's. And a bunch of guys rode off with bags of money

come on Dude, your smarter than that

"Get your Lear Jet off my driveway"
Last edited by Hubie48; 8/3/24 at 9:36 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/3/24, 9:35 AM   #22
old timer

The same family still owns the track not for sale last I heard.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/3/24, 11:14 AM   #23
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

It should have been called immediately instead of holding us there for an extended time. They don’t have enough equipment to handle the situation. I was surprised that it took so long to reach a decision. Very disappointing situation for everyone.

8/3/24, 11:55 AM   #24
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
It should have been called immediately instead of holding us there for an extended time. They don’t have enough equipment to handle the situation. I was surprised that it took so long to reach a decision. Very disappointing situation for everyone.
Excuse me Ron but did anyone make you stay?Give them credit for trying and we're just Thankful that it's been rescheduled.
Will you make the long drive to TSS today?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

8/3/24, 12:05 PM   #25
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Every time I drive into the upper-level parking lot I ask myself how many $500K homes could be built up there. Any how many homes throughout the Speedway property. That land / property is like a gold mine. We can only hope it doesn't get developed in the near future. It's certainly worth a bunch of $$$.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Hubie48
8/3/24, 1:08 PM   #26
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

If someone would like to offer me $500k for my home directly to the north of the track (off turns 3&4), please send me a private message. ☺️☺️

Also, the homes of which I think you all are mentioning, directly to the south of the track, are more in $750k-$1M range.

8/3/24, 1:29 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
If someone would like to offer me $500k for my home directly to the north of the track (off turns 3&4), please send me a private message. ☺️☺️

Also, the homes of which I think you all are mentioning, directly to the south of the track, are more in $750k-$1M range.

Think the "Those that don't B**CH about the track houses should be worth more than those who's do.

4 members like this post: erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, wildman92
8/3/24, 7:25 PM   #28
Hubie48

I had absolutly no issue with it and it wasn't a very long time either. Hardly no one left as I was bored and watching to see how many cars left. Not many, less than 20. Everyone around me returned and the place was pretty much full. Gotta find something else to complain about Ron.

Yeah, My home appraisal methods need a tune up but they are homes I could not afford to buy on a tool makers wage. I was just trying to get a point across.... the folks with cash and influence are desperadoes waiting under the eaves (RIP Warren Zevon)

8/4/24, 9:21 AM   #29
DJlives

[QUOTE=Charles Nungester;575934]The track itself and lower lot is in a flood plain, but that doesn't mean the upper parking field and hillside isn't worth millions. I don't know if the Miles family still owns it or Spiker. But the fact that they put $$ to build that hill side patio's and stuff is promising.

Visit if you can

Neither of those families own the track. Never have

2 members like this post: Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier
8/4/24, 9:28 AM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

In my 40yrs of traveling IN I only know of one non friday show and I attended it. It was a sunday afternoon Racin With D.O show and Joe Roush won mainly because he was the first one to blow the RR and get it changed. Everyone else did too. '92ish?

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington weather